Diego Sanchez vs Chiesa. Who you got?

sadly chiesa should win this easily

Why does people think Chiesa beats him? He's a tailor made fighter for Diego to beat, Lanky BJJ guy with not much striking threat or a heavy TDD.

Does it remind you of;

Nick Diaz
Kenny Florian
Marcin Held
Mickey Gall

Diego's grappling is somehow still unbelievably underrated in Sherdog
I don’t see Chiesa knocking him out or subbing him. Diego will put the pressure on and get the nod or keep it close.

Titty-baby hipster tryin’ to pull a Mickey Gall, fighting old fighters? Hopefully, Diego “Wet Dream” Sanchez pulls another upset.

<DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>

Chiesa ... I hoping he take it easy as he try to be first to sub our Diego, but sadly I think Michael be nasty an either smash him standing or by the ground to pound. Terrible matchmaking to me, 60 or more welter that Diego could fight but they make him face a potential new contender.

<{natewhut}>
Chiesa isnt gonna be subbing Sanchez , if it hits the ground expect a Diego win . If Chiesa is going to win it will be standing .

Chiesa a contender at ww .... lmao you are a funny guy .. He will be lucky to make it too magny level , as if you said contender and meant like a woodley or a Lawler lol .

Diego has never been subbed before, this is a good matchup for him. Especially since he's been reborn into TUF 1 Diego.

Why is Diego still around?

I will reluctantly take Chiesa in this one.

It depends on whether Chiesa is over his terrible emotional trauma over the Conor bus incident.

tenor.gif

I hope to god Chiesa doesnt pull this out his ass. I want to believe Sanchez is by far the superior grappler here and shows it fight night.

Always going to root for Diego.

<Dylan>
sadly chiesa should win this easily

Agreed Diego beat gal on the ground and people now think he can hang for Maia

he looked horrible and sloppy against gal — gal just looked worse

Wish I had a gif of Sanchez trying to take his back with no hook so and falling right off

<Dylan>

Agreed Diego beat gal on the ground and people now think he can hang for Maia

he looked horrible and sloppy against gal — gal just looked worse

Wish I had a gif of Sanchez trying to take his back with no hook so and falling right off

This. All of this. Including the gif.

If it turns out that Diego came into the Gall fight after drinking a gallon of whiskey and having a stroke I would completely believe it.

I sympathize with the instincts of the people who are saying that it’s not a great matchup for Chiesa since (1) Diego traditionally isn’t easy to dominate on the ground and (2) Chiesa isn’t the kind of KO striker who can exploit Diego’s total lack of reflexes, but even a decent jab and the occasional elbow in the clinch might be enough to knock Diego out at this point.

diego via great sub defense and better wrestling.

chiesa doesnt like to get hit so i gotta go with dieago

Back