Diego Sanchez: "This is one of the proudest moments of my career. Absolutely epic."

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these judges train at Greg Jackson's gym.

Wonder if the fight was a fix. Diego was already talking about a fight with Diaz before this fight as if he already knew he was going to get the win. The 27-30 Sanchez score can't be ignored. I like to think mma is different than boxing where fights fixes are numerous but I'm starting to think money talks just like everywhere else in society.

that's silly. what advantage would there be for the ufc big men to inform fighters that their fights are fixed? the more people know, the more likely you are to be caught. it's not like pearson was told to take a dive.

The legacy of "Decision Diego" is firmly cemented in MMA history.

Wonder if the fight was a fix. Diego was already talking about a fight with Diaz before this fight as if he already knew he was going to get the win. The 27-30 Sanchez score can't be ignored. I like to think mma is different than boxing where fights fixes are numerous but I'm starting to think money talks just like everywhere else in society.

MMA and boxing judges are both overseen by the state athletic commissions. In many cases, they are the same people. So, in this regard, MMA and boxing are really the same.

I wish Dana was there. He probably would've gave Pearson a win bonus.

If it was such a fix, why score it 27-30 when, as you claim, you knew that it wasn't close but were gifting him the decision? That runs counter to you theory.

As soon as I realised it was a SD, I just knew Diego would get it. Just a horrible decision. Diego did zero to win that except pump himself up afte getting rocked.

so one of the proudest moments of his career is being gifted a decision? lol

Just playing Devil's Advocate since I also find it funny, but maybe he mean's being able to fight in his hometown of Albuquerque in front of friends and family for the first time.

I hope Sanchez fights Nate... Nate would be the first one to TKO Sanchez... too much output, too accurate with those punches for a guy with no head movement like Diego...

Let's be honest though. It's clear Diego doesn't know how his fights actually go, and his cornermen probably feed him some bullshit. After the Melendez fight you could certainly argue that Sanchez probably blocks entire parts of his fight, or thinks that boasting and yelling somehow grants him points.

He probably should stop gloating so much, since he would be unemployed if it wasn't for incompetent judges.

colargolyes-o.gif

One of the worse decisions in a while. I loled when I heard 30-27 Sanchez. That judge needs to lose his job. He's not the least bit good at it.

Pearson clearly won the fight, no other way to see it. But, if you're gonna be a point fighter, you need to be active. Even when Diego was hurt, Pearson didn't jump on him. Stuck to the gameplan a little too much.

BS decision,

These judges really can screw a fighters record

What the fuck...Kenny called it. One of the worst robberies I've ever seen. I like Diego, not his fault but the judges should be ashamed. That was a disgrace.

I might actually have a future in MMA judging if this is the standard set by the UFC.

I might actually have a future in MMA judging if this is the standard set by the UFC.

For the 100th time, UFC has no control over judges. It's the athletic commission that sucks the fat **** and allow these morons to rob fighters

instead of hating Diego for getting the decision direct your hate to the real culprits, judges.

yep

I was waiting for Sanchez to be announced winner of the Bendo/Kabilov fight as well...

Back