Diego Sanchez says he made 'smart, veteran decision' taking DQ over Michel Pereira

"If the UFC and the MMA community and the media don’t want to give it to me, I’m going to go (expletive) take it.”

Diego had his chance to take the respect. He chose the DQ win instead. You can't have both.
This.

And is if the dude isn’t delusional enough, he goes on here to say that he actually had a chance of winning that fight. In what fuckin universe diego...

No issue with him taking a DQ win, but it ruins any past and future talk of him being this warrior who will fight to the death

Yeah he was a warrior in the past but in the pereira fight he was NOT A WARRIOR and that he he tries to downplay his bitch move with the "it was a smart decision" makes him look like a coward. He shouldn't complain that the mma fans are giving him a little bit disrespect. Either take the "smart decision" 100k bonus or get the respect.

Go away troll noob account. Go far far away

The scary part is the quote at the end. He was already delusionally talking about getting a title, that's fine, but now he's admitting it's not about the title but helping people lead better lives...by bringing them to the school of awareness with Lord Fabia.

<NoneOfMy>

Isn't it against the spirit of martial arts to see you're going to lose on the scorecards, so you take an out, claiming you can't see? Didn't he lie to get out of a loss?

I don't know if that's cowardly, but it sure sounds very dishonest.

Diego shouldn't give a fuck about respect from nerds like you - he got knee'd in the head illegally you dumb fuck.

calm down, Susie. No need to announce your period to strangers on the internet.

It might have been the prudent thing to do, but it sure was un-Diegolike. He's the last guy I ever would have thought would opt for a DQ win over going out on his shield.

Maybe his coach isnt as much of a hack as I thought. I mean, he did win. Guess Sanchez was “self aware” enough to take the w and the cash. Also Pereira is an ass clown. But seriously, retire Diego.

I predict that we have seen his final win in the UFC. Dana will feed him to guys now that he took the coward's way out. They should withhold the win bonus.

He actually tried to claim that he had a chance of winning the decision and that's why he quit because the blood would effect the judges decision.

Maybe his coach isnt as much of a hack as I thought. I mean, he did win. Guess Sanchez was “self aware” enough to take the w and the cash. Also Pereira is an ass clown. But seriously, retire Diego.

No, no... his coach is definitely still a fucking hack clown ass SOB.

Diego deserves better (better coaches.. and more respect from some of you fuckin keyboard warriors).

I like his reasoning, totally agree with him. I’m sick of fighters that foul and still win.

Calling a fighter like Sanchez a quitter is literally mind blowing.

It doesn’t even make sense when thinking of his career
Brudda he literally lied about not being able to see to make sure he could sell the DQ. Calling him a coward is a bit much but quit? What happened to when I fight I'm ready to go die and you cant spell go die without Diego? He quit for the win. Nobody should church it up whether they agree with his decision or not

In my opinion, if you sustain a injury or cut due to an illegal strike, then why should you continue to fight your dirty opponent? Fuck him, take his potential win money for your injury.

Go watch a different sport because I think Diego's scum for milking a foul? That's just asinine.

Not really asinine at all. Morons like you who have never gotten in a cage before calling a guy like Diego out for getting kneed in the fuckin head illegally by a beast are the ones who are asinine.

Back