Diego Sanchez says he made 'smart, veteran decision' taking DQ over Michel Pereira

B-b-b-but if his forehead isn't completely hanging off his face by the end of the fight he is a pussy!

lmao - these fucking keyboard warriors won't settle for anything else, eh?

People who are calling out Diego really need to shut the fuck up unless they are fighters that get in there themselves.

Hell yeah! If your opponent can’t follow the rules then fuck him!

All the people on here applauding a win via DQ make me laugh. Obviously never won anything in life so they have to celebrate a DQ vicariously through Diego <Lmaoo>

His fight against Karo Parysian was a thing of legends. Yet this veteran is the quitter.

The internet is just filled with angry assholes who hate themselves because they’ve done nothing constructive

Nowhere in there does he say anything about doing it because he wasn't able to see lmao

I knew I was down on the scorecards, I knew how things were rolling out. I don’t have a chance of winning that fight anymore.

<seedat>

His fight against Karo Parysian was a thing of legends. Yet this veteran is the quitter.

The internet is just filled with angry assholes who hate themselves because they’ve done nothing constructive

Agreed 100%

Easy fix...when someone lands and illegal blow that causes a cut like that...ref dqs fighter that threw the blow. Dont put it in the fighters hands. For one they could have a concussion, could be on cloud 12, who knows. When it's a gas on your forehead that will bleed into your eyes, you honestly shouldnt continue.

I remember when big nog and Fedor clashed heads and Fedor was cut open. The judges called it a nc. It was never asked of a fighter to make a decision on their ability to continue. It was not a intentional blow..thus the nc. When the blow is intentional..and has an effect on a fighter like this..should instantly be a dq. Intentional=dq. Accidental..nc. pretty simple.

Why would a fighter ever continue if they were gashed open and bleeding all over...the only reason is peer pressure to be a man. Diego is right about how it looks in the judges eyes. Recently, when skyscraper got talked into continuing by the ref, after repeated nut shots...that was total bs. Should have been a dq. If they dont crack down on it and make it known it's not ok...it will always get abused. A knee to the head...is illegal. The ref cant decide if it was a really hard blow, or glancing blow without replay on most occasions. Replay means fight is over.

"If the UFC and the MMA community and the media don’t want to give it to me, I’m going to go (expletive) take it.”

Diego had his chance to take the respect. He chose the DQ win instead. You can't have both.
Agreed.

You can take the DQ win and the cash, which was considerable (100 K on his win bonus) or you can take the respect. Pick one. On this night, he took the win and the cash. Just own it.

Diego has built up enough warrior credits over the years that he can probably make this little withdrawal without too much of a dent, provided he does not whine about it too much after the fact.

Quitting is a smart, veteran decision if he gets paid. He doesn't have to sugarcoat it.

This is something that’s going to happen with School of Self Awareness and myself. I’m set for life. With this other stuff going on, I’m not going to need fighting and how I finish my career will be on my terms.”
Oh boy.....

He is INVESTING on Fabias business ??

<Prem973>

For fucks sake guys.... this is some serious shit now. Diego is expecting he'll live off this hack ass school after he is done fighting?
Damn it, Fabia is scamming the guy clean.

I hope im wrong but that sure is what it sound like.

I don’t think Sanchez should be fighting any more, so anything that keeps him from getting MORE brain damage is a good thing.
I know the dude always had a few screws loose but he looks like a punch drunk loon now. I hope he stops.

He knew we was losing and took a DQ win his opponent gifted him.
Im ok with it.
I don’t think Sanchez should be fighting any more, so anything that keeps him from getting MORE brain damage is a good thing..
I second this also.

"If the UFC and the MMA community and the media don’t want to give it to me, I’m going to go (expletive) take it.”

Diego had his chance to take the respect. He chose the DQ win instead. You can't have both.

Diego earned his respect years ago. It's not on him to fight through a foul

Diego made the right choice. Only crazy savages like Conor 2.0 would had continued to fight as if its nothing

He should not talk about like he's a crazy warrior then. He's a crazy chicken now. And the "100k bonus" argument is just a way to downplay his bitch move

The bitch move was the illegal knee. mind boggling how people blame the guy who got fouled

Easy fix...when someone lands and illegal blow that causes a cut like that...ref dqs fighter that threw the blow. Dont put it in the fighters hands. For one they could have a concussion, could be on cloud 12, who knows. When it's a gas on your forehead that will bleed into your eyes, you honestly shouldnt continue.

I remember when big nog and Fedor clashed heads and Fedor was cut open. The judges called it a nc. It was never asked of a fighter to make a decision on their ability to continue. It was not a intentional blow..thus the nc. When the blow is intentional..and has an effect on a fighter like this..should instantly be a dq. Intentional=dq. Accidental..nc. pretty simple.

Why would a fighter ever continue if they were gashed open and bleeding all over...the only reason is peer pressure to be a man. Diego is right about how it looks in the judges eyes. Recently, when skyscraper got talked into continuing by the ref, after repeated nut shots...that was total bs. Should have been a dq. If they dont crack down on it and make it known it's not ok...it will always get abused. A knee to the head...is illegal. The ref cant decide if it was a really hard blow, or glancing blow without replay on most occasions. Replay means fight is over.
What if you were kicking Jon Jones ass 4-0 going into in the fifth and Jones hits you with an illegal blow in the last round?

Would you rather have that win on your record as a DQ or a legitimate win ?

It was never asked of a fighter to make a decision on their ability to continue. It was not a intentional blow..thus the nc. When the blow is intentional..and has an effect on a fighter like this..should instantly be a dq. Intentional=dq. Accidental..nc. pretty simple.
It would take ungodly amount of man-hours to reliably decide what was intentional and what was not, because everyone involved would have conflict of interest. People cant read minds yet.
Ref calling it is lesser evil.

Back