• Pereira, DQ

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Diego Sanchez made it quite clear leading up to his fight with Michel Pereira at UFC Fight Night 167 in Rio Rancho, New Mexico that he would not compete should Pereira miss weight. It didn’t matter if it was by several pounds or an ounce.

“If he misses weight for this fight,” Sanchez said, "there will be no fight.”

Fortunately for everybody watching this weekend’s card, Michel not only made weight, he came in one pound lighter than required at ‘championship weight.’

1206280856.jpg.jpg

“I have a message regarding Diego Sanchez," Michel Pereira said. "I could see the fear in his eyes, and I knew fear was in his head & heart all week because I know he said that if I didn’t make weight, he would not take the fight, regardless of any extra financial benefit. To me, this is the sign of someone who is scared, or is a coward. I don’t believe Diego to be a coward; however I know he is afraid of what is going to happen on Saturday night.”

“I promise that every time you see me step in the cage, you’ll witness a spectacle that you will not forget.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/2/14/21138578/michel-pereira-diego-sanchez-is-afraid-of-whats-going-to-happen-saturday-night

Last edited:
Have a feeling Diego will be on this guy's permanent highlight reel... Pereira by flying helicopter kick.

Seeing what that little Canadian did to that circus clown...

Diego will bring wrath he never felt before!

giphy.gif

Big words from somebody that missed weight and got completely clowned in his last fight.

I really really hope Sanchez severely f**ks up Pereira. Guy is just irritating.

Maybe he will f**k himself up by landing badly from one of his phenomenally silly acrobatics and lands on his own head.

This is obviously coming from my background in psychology and the study of human behavior, but Diego diiiid look like a deer in headlights for a couple of seconds there. I think I know what Michel was talking about when he said he saw “fear” in Diego’s eyes.

Looks like different weight classes. Diego needs to retire, if needs to keep fighting he should be at 155.

It's ironic wording considering Diego will not remember anything in about 10 years.

That is a substantial size difference.... My goodness.

Diego should win this with zero effort. Pereira is not a UFC quality fighter

I'm amazed how many people are expecting Diego to be anywhere near his best. He's taken way too much damage and has a literal Instagram fraud as his only coach and training partner. It's possible that Pereira gasses out and loses the last round, but I just can't see any way Diego doesn't take a bunch of damage, especially early.

Diego is a shadow of his former self...

J3f8SoB.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

This is obviously coming from my background in psychology and the study of human behavior, but Diego diiiid look like a deer in headlights for a couple of seconds there. I think I know what Michel was talking about when he said he saw “fear” in Diego’s eyes.

I don't know how anyone could have any idea what they see in Diego’s eyes. Could be fear, could be thinking about yoga poses for later, could be sexual tension.

Diego don't think like normal folk.

I got Pereira by TKO. The only way Sanchez has a chance is if Pereira tires himself out.

I don't know, but I have a feeling Sanchez is gonna pull it off. Considering Pereira's last fight, I think that's not too far fetched.

Back