Diego Sanchez: I love the way I match-up with Anthony Pettis

Let's all be honest. There's a good chance Sanchez could "Guida" Anthony Pettis.

The hard part is the takedown.

But I don't see Pettis submitting Sanchez

There really isn't. Pettis understands that gameplan and how to beat it now, he also knows Diego would be hunting for takedowns. Also very unlikely Pettis gets taken down as you already pointed out.

There really isn't. Pettis understands that gameplan and how to beat it now, he also knows Diego would be hunting for takedowns. Also very unlikely Pettis gets taken down as you already pointed out.

Strikers always knows a grappler will try to take them down lol. Knowing that doesn't mean anything. It's stuffing the takedowns.

I seriously think Diego should retire for his own health, the guy has taken some absoutely epic beatings. If he were to fight Pettis he could be seriously injured imo.

I doubt Diego should be even considered a Top 10 LW.

After his loss to Penn and then Rory Mcdonald at WW, he's lost most credibility. And those fight that the judges gave him the fights haven't restored any of it.

He never fought Rory? Maybe you mean Ellenberger, and while he lost he did put on a damn good show and surprised quite a few people.

But yeah Diego shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 right now and Melendez will likely destroy him.

Strikers always knows a grappler will try to take them down lol. Knowing that doesn't mean anything. It's stuffing the takedowns.

He has clearly improved his wrestling a lot since the Guida fight and also knows that Diego has literally nothing for him on the feet.

Diego's takedowns are nothing spectacular and neither is his top control.

Pettis knew Bendo wanted to take him down and easily stopped him, Bendo is better than Diego everywhere. In the Guida fight Anthony thought that fighting from his back was an effective strategy, he's since learned that it isn't, and even in that fight Guida's takedown success rate was only 60%.

Chalk it up to inexperience, Pettis would not get laid on by Diego. Diego is not a great wrestler and only gets people down about 20% of the time, a stat which drastically changes against elite competition.

For 1, he shouldnt even say a word about anthony, he has his hands full this weekend against Melendez & he probably is never gonna get another shot @ a title. Gilbert is going to tear Sanchez up I got a feelin

Diego would get dominated by Pettis. He would finished rather fast. Pettis is so dangerous off his back that Diego wouldn't be safe on the ground, and Pettis has amazing stand up. He would light Diego up. The only thing he has for Pettis is his heart, pace, and intensity. He lost against Gomi I thought, and Gomi is far from being the best in the division. Diego won't even beat Gil.

prime diego is definitely a tough match up for pettis. diego has looked like shit recently though.

I actually agree, too bad Gil is going to make him look average.

oh boy, if he is looking past Melendez he's in for a rough saturday night...

I also love how so many fighters talk about the champs like they have 100% chances of keeping the belt...
Pettis has a very hard title defense coming his way.

Pettis would probably whoop Diego. Still rooting for Diego if that fight goes down.

Back