Diego Sanchez, how would u define him psychologically?

Symptoms
Borderline personality disorder affects how you feel about yourself, how you relate to others and how you behave.

Signs and symptoms may include:

• An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
  • A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
  • Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
  • Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
  • Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
  • Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
  • Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
  • Ongoing feelings of emptiness
  • Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights
When to see a doctor
If you're aware that you have any of the signs or symptoms above, talk to your doctor or a mental health provider.

If you have suicidal thoughts
If you have fantasies or mental images about hurting yourself or have other suicidal thoughts, get help right away by taking one of these actions:

• Call 911 or your local emergency number immediately.
  • Call a suicide hotline number. In the U.S., call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) any time of day. Use that same number and press "1" to reach the Veterans Crisis Line.
  • Call your mental health provider, doctor or other health care provider.
  • Reach out to a loved one, close friend, trusted peer or co-worker.
  • Contact someone from your faith community.
If you notice signs or symptoms in a family member or friend, talk to that person about seeing a doctor or mental health provider. But you can't force someone to seek help. If the relationship causes you significant stress, you may find it helpful to see a therapist yourself.

So based on these findings, soon he will part ways with Fabia and starts blaming him for his misfortune
Well, when my wife worked for The OC Fight Doc, Bill Kessler back in the day, Sanchez was a regular patient of theirs & he would often act out in bizarre ways & talk crazy shit while he was being treated. So, Jana became convinced that he was a borderline personality disorder case. And she would know because at the time she was working on her Master's in clinical psychology.
Unfortunately, most people who actually have BPD very rarely get the treatment they need for two reasons exactly. One is, it's extremely hard to diagnose without thinking the patient may have other comorbid, overlapping issues. Secondly, most clinicians and therapists will refuse to treat or see patients with BPD because it's extremely hard to treat with the way they seem to attack any form of helpful intervention.

This is kind of the reason why America needs to take the first step into the future. Through devoting a good chunk of tax money to ascertaining some kind of tangible framework to diagnose such conditions and treat them. TLDR; mental illness is a motherfucker that will fuck you, your mother and everyone else that comes into contact with you.

Schizotypal? Delusional Disorder? Paranoid Personality Disorder? CTE?
Eh, its not like he's saying he's coming for that belt or something. I think he understands where he's at in his career so the illusions of grandeur he's displayed aren't that out of pocket for his situation.

A bit of an idiot savant but i love the crazy son of a bitch.
War Diego
War Fabia
Fabia's been ducking my dm's for him to fight me in an actual sanctioned fight, boxing, mma, etc

Unfortunately, most people who actually have BPD very rarely get the treatment they need for two reasons exactly. One is, it's extremely hard to diagnose without thinking the patient may have other comorbid, overlapping issues. Secondly, most clinicians and therapists will refuse to treat or see patients with BPD because it's extremely hard to treat with the way they seem to attack any form of helpful intervention.

This is kind of the reason why America needs to take the first step into the future. Through devoting a good chunk of tax money to ascertaining some kind of tangible framework to diagnose such conditions and treat them. TLDR; mental illness is a motherfucker that will fuck you, your mother, and everyone else that comes into contact with you.

Exactly. BPD is, indeed, very challenging to treat. I don't know a lot about the disorder myself but one of my wife's favorite clients suffered from BPD, atypical anorexia & alcoholism. Needless to say, this individual was very difficult to treat due to her particular mix of issues. But where others failed, my wife was able to successfully counsel her toward remission of both her eating disorder & her alcoholism. Her BPD is, of course, still a work in progress.

I'm bipolar II myself with the comorbidities of AADD & OCD. And unfortunately, since my wife's passing in March, I wouldn't be surprised if PTSD were a part of my updated diagnosis. How about you? Have you been diagnosed with any mental illnesses or do you work in the field? I figure it's to be one or the other judging by your knowledge of the subject.

Rogan and Luke Thomas has said MMA has been loaded with bullshitters surrounding fighters's training and coaching teams like movement coaches, unlicensed nutritionists, religous guides, and etc. Whenever I think of a fighter that has or would fall for these bullshitters the #1 name that comes to mind is Diego Sanchez.

Don't get me wrong, I love the dude... nothing but respect for him as a fighter and it'd be a pleasure for me to buy him a beer. But he's a guy that would buy snake oil for $5000 a gallon.
I think a lot of that is just because from it's inception its been about trying to convince you that this one thing is better than everything else. Right down to the fighters themselves, they are fighting to prove that they are the best. When your head is in that space you become on some level delusional, that's where a lot of the confidence comes from. I mean it should have a basis in reality if you're going to succeed but still.

The thing is though there's always been a ton of social climbers wanting to be a part of it and they'll serve or drink whatever cool aid necessary to secure their position. That's how this game has always been and at the end of the day it's the fighters that take the punches and kicks.

His vision for greatness is now probably lost, but we fans are not giving up on him.

He will find that lost passion, and reignite the fire that is burning in his heart.

Interesting charachter with a kind heart. Doesnt seem like an ass hole at all.

his mind is like a squishy. it can easily be moulded to whatever shape, whoever is playing with it wants.

What makes people and some very intelligent ones become cult followers for starters and does Diego have those same traits to be very close with someone like Fabia who is an obvious charlatan?
He's very coachable.

He started at jackson/wink, two of the best coaches. He succeeded amazingl.

He's your trademark amazing solider, horrible officer. Fabia is now his coach sadly, and clearly ordering him into a hail of gunfire headfirst.

He would be your typical person who is susceptible to hypnotism.

yes
giphy.gif

Exactly. BPD is, indeed, very challenging to treat. I don't know a lot about the disorder myself but one of my wife's favorite clients suffered from BPD, atypical anorexia & alcoholism. Needless to say, this individual was very difficult to treat due to her particular mix of issues. But where others failed, my wife was able to successfully counsel her toward remission of both her eating disorder & her alcoholism. Her BPD is, of course, still a work in progress.

I'm bipolar II myself with the comorbidities of AADD & OCD. And unfortunately, since my wife's passing in March, I wouldn't be surprised if PTSD were a part of my updated diagnosis. How about you? Have you been diagnosed with any mental illnesses or do you work in the field? I figure it's to be one or the other judging by your knowledge of the subject.
My sincere condolences brother, cope well!

Now that no major mma promotion wants him to fight, I just hope he finds other things in life too get crazy about

Back