Diego Sanchez - FINALLY a Black Belt in BJJ

I remember the Diaz-Sanchez fight and it certainly looked like both guys were black belts in 2004.

I wish we'd see more of his ground game, he was one of the best fighters to watch because of it, but his takedowns have gotten worse.

I remember watching Diego vs Marcelo Garcia in a grappling match, he did pretty good

funny_YES_Diego_Sanchez.gif

wheres juggo hidin these days anyhow

cool, congrats to diego. i wouldnt say he's one of the greatest grapplers in mma ever, but he's very good

Took him long enough. Brazilians are born with a BB, and everyone and their mother that trains MMA has one.

Didn't he already have a black belt, but decided to start over when he left Jackson's camp? I think I remember them saying that on some mma show.

You do realise Diego has been Pablo Popovich, one of the best ever bjj practitioners? And you do realise that same Marcelo Garcia has tapped guys like Jake Shields, thales Leites, Ricco Rodriguez much quicker than Diego?

No one lasted that long as Diego.

Well guys like Demian Maia, Robert Drysdale, Jacare, Gonzaga, have all gone to decisions or beaten Marcelo so you can hardly say no one has lasted as long as Diego.

I remember the Diaz-Sanchez fight and it certainly looked like both guys were black belts in 2004.

Exactly. And that was 8 years ago. That is why I Said Diego was a true black belt 8 years ago. Yet guys like Rashad have their blackbelts many moons ago...

Well guys like Demian Maia, Robert Drysdale, Jacare, Gonzaga, have all gone to decisions or beaten Marcelo so you can hardly say no one has lasted as long as Diego.

Well maybe if Diego really truly dedicate more of his life in BJJ like those guys, he would have done better in his bjj accomplishments. But he decided to fight in the UFC only and become a title contender.

Nice, and hope it gives Diego the fire inside to kick ass in the cage again, still one of my favorite fights was Sanchez vs Ellenberger, onr more round and Diego would of won, Diego is exciting to watch fight!

Back