Diego Sanchez - FINALLY a Black Belt in BJJ

So, at 10:40 Diego isn't screaming TAP TAP to the armbar? They just figured they would end the match randomly and award the victory via submission to Marcelo for no reason?

Doesn't take anything away from the point of the thread which was he was an amazing grappler in mma and submission matches and being awarded a blackbelt in bjj was long overdue. Congratulations Diego!

You do realise Diego has been Pablo Popovich, one of the best ever bjj practitioners? And you do realise that same Marcelo Garcia has tapped guys like Jake Shields, thales Leites, Ricco Rodriguez much quicker than Diego?

No one lasted that long as Diego.

Diego is a good grappler. Glad to see this.
Cant wait for Gil fight.

Diego had a match with Marcelo Garcia and didn't get tapped. That's a BB accomplishment right there.

Marcelo has been on the record saying he wanted to get more time in for the finals; as soon as the 30 second buzzer went of Diego was subbed really quick.

You fruitloop!!! If anything, Diego is a TRUE blackbelt who deserved it in 2005. Any old school, knowledgeable mma and BJJ fan would tell you! Don't you dare think otherwise!

Diego is arguably the best BJJ and grappler in the LW division. Who do you think is better?

he's good, but I think Aoki, Shaolin Ribeiro, and BJ(if u count him as a LW) are better at BJJ than him

Marcelo has been on the record saying he wanted to get more time in for the finals; as soon as the 30 second buzzer went of Diego was subbed really quick.

Lol yes, I am sure.

Please provide me a link or source for this. Dying to see you back up this ridiculous claim. What about Diego beating Pablo Popovich? Did Pablo let him beat him?

he's good, but I think Aoki, Shaolin Ribeiro, and BJ(if u count him as a LW) are better at BJJ than him

I don't see any of those guys submitting Diego though. Diego has arguably one of the best submission defence in all of BJJ and MMA. And I don't see any of those guys controlling Diego to a decision victory. Maybe BJ but BJ is an absolute animal on the ground.

Congrats Diego! he will always be one of my favorite fighters, without him I might not be the big MMA fan that I'm today! it would be crazy if he pulled off a submission on Gil in there next fight.

His fights against Diaz and Paulo Thiago were awesome. Imagine him pulling off the win against Melendez!

diego's biggest downfall was trying to be a striker.

Agree 100%. After knocking out Riggs he started to think of himself as a boxer. Too bad, because not too many people could roll with Diego and get out on top.

he may surprise gilbert. gilbert often sinks to his oppositions level, so i think diego may surprise some if he comes a blazing. but part of me thinks that he has never looked great at 155. even his lopsided beating of guida had some ugly spots for him. oh well, i wish him the best.

You do realise Diego has been Pablo Popovich, one of the best ever bjj practitioners? And you do realise that same Marcelo Garcia has tapped guys like Jake Shields, thales Leites, Ricco Rodriguez much quicker than Diego?

No one lasted that long as Diego.

He has been Pablo Popovich? Now THATS impressive.
Who is he now?

Meh it seems like belts are handed out everyday now with little prestige.

I just love watching posters like this get torn apart and put in their place when they let their ignorance show.

Why didn't Diego stayed at LW where he was doing so well? couldn't cut the weight any longer, I assume.

Diego is a very moody fighter. If he can get his pieces together then the fight could be at least competitive but if it's like last time he gets blasted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back