Diego Sanchez calls out MCGOAT

Mcgregor's only gonna get relevant opponents

Another good matchup for McGregor, a low defense striker that will press forward.

Diego is too tough for mcgregor, I think Diego would push the pace and take a decision in this one

This fight makes no sense for CM, but it would be fun to watch.

Sure... a 145 pounder is going to knock out Diego Sanchez. Do you know how many times Diego has been finished by strikes? Zero... He has one stoppage against a prime BJ Penn between 4th and 5th rounds which was due to a huge cut... and Diego was still willing to fight the final round.

If you look at the guys Diego has been in the ring with that could not finish him;

And just remember many of these guys are 170 pounders or fought at 185 (like Kampman did)

Gomi
BJ Penn
Kampman
Melendez
Ellenberger
Riggs
Nick Diaz

the list goes on and on. No one has ever knocked Diego out at any weight class. Certainly McGregor could hit him clean on the button but Diego has shown time after time that hitting him in the face and head does little but make him fight harder.

McGregor would likely win due to superior technique and speed but finish Diego pretty bloody unlikely.

Dan Henderson will not be knocked out by Vitor. He fought:

Wand
Vitor (first time)
Shogun
Rampage
Fedor
Anderson
Big Nog
Lil Nog
Machida

None of those guys could knock him out, thus it is absurd to act like he can get knocked out.

vitor-belfort-dan-henderson-ko-gif.gif

Oh.

Hope they dont do this. If McGregor isnt fighting for the title then he should be put on either a big PPV in Jan or a Fox card to expose him to millions of US fans.

Wand
Vitor (first time)
Shogun
Rampage
Fedor
Anderson
Big Nog
Lil Nog
Machida

None of those guys could knock him out, thus it is absurd to act like he can get knocked out.

Oh.

On top of that, Diego was getting dropped pretty often in the Pearson fight. Mcgregor would crack that chin wide open.

Wand
Vitor (first time)
Shogun
Rampage
Fedor
Anderson
Big Nog
Lil Nog
Machida

Oh.

this gif makes me hope vitor just says "fu** it" and keeps using trt.

which is not unlikely.

Diego is just trying to steal money now. This isn't even funny. He isn't even top 20 any more.

I am interested to see this fight. If nothing else, it can be a hold over fight until McGregor fights Aldo and gets his ass destroyed.

I'd account bet anyone on GOAT winning if this fight happens.

All Dana has to do is give Parke some good cash and this fight is on.

Sanchez is such a joke. McGregor by murder.

I think Dana already said no.

I agree that Sanchez is cooked and he's not a contender, but nobody signs a fight with him thinking its going to be a walk in the park. Kotani, yeah, that's an easy fight. Sanchez, he's going to move forward and not let up.

Diego is all balls. This should end very well for him.

lol Diego just gives 0 fucks if someone would beat the living piss out of him, he still wants to fight them.

Respect the guy but man, only if his skill level matched that heart, he would be champion.

Diego is desperate. I think it would be a decent fight but Diego doesn't deserve at this point in time.

Diego is fighting Norman Parke Nov. 15th.

Fucking hell...Diego hasn't been fighting scrubs.

He fought the number 1 contender, an undefeated top prospect and Pearson, who is no joke.

Now, he's fighting Parke, undefeated with 20 wins and 4-0-1 in the UFC?

Guy can't catch a break.

Agree they are banking a name off Diego but he still makes tough fights.

Back