Diego Sanchez calls out MCGOAT

Although I agree that this is a step backwards and that Conor has no reason to fight Diego in terms of improving his rankings or qualifications for a title shot, I DO think that this is a fight that could be a HUGE draw, due to Diego's super outspoken nature.

Here you would have TWO super loud, outspoken guys, jawing at each other, probably using the media and social media to take shots at each other, probably getting into some near-scuffles at pressers (due to neither of them backing down) and selling the shit out of this fight thru all of the noise they BOTH make.

And BOTH of these dudes come to scrap in the cage. So I'm betting it would be a VERY big draw with fans.

GOAT just read Chael's article about getting on big PPV cards.

Literally:

If I was Jose Aldo, and I know that I can't draw flies, the second Cain (Velasquez) gets announced to fight in Mexico against Fabricio Werdum, I would have picked a fight. I would have picked a fight, I would have picked that date, and I would have gone to the media and called out whatever opponent it was, and I would have said, ‘Meet me in Mexico.' I would have taken advantage of the revenue that Cain is going to bring in.

Easy fight, no weight cut, and a massive PPV in mexico while he waits for Aldo.

GGTEG

goaty-est goat that ever goated

lol @ everyone who thinks Diego would get ko'd.

Diego has faced bigger punchers at higher weight classes and not gotten ko'd. a 145er is definitely not going to ko him. He even won the Ultimate Fighter as a MIDDLEWEIGHT.

This fight will be a lot tougher for Conor than ppl think. Conor will win a close decision but he will definitely get tagged with solid punches during the fight.

Conor hits like a LHW. He would take Diego's head clean off within a minute or two.

Diego is a irrelevant has-been at this point. He's pretty punch drunk to boot and I hope Dana and Co retire him soon for his own sake.

Dana please give the fighters and the fans what they want!
I would love to watch McGOAT knock the jesus out of Diego.

Diego via split decision win after getting out struck for 3 rounds

Diego is way to flat footed and slow for Connor. He is so hittable, whereas Connor is not.

Conor hits like a LHW. He would take Diego's head clean off within a minute or two.

Like this?

fedor-rogers-head-off.gif

Diego has faced bigger punchers at higher weight classes and not gotten ko'd. a 145er is definitely not going to ko him. He even won the Ultimate Fighter as a MIDDLEWEIGHT.

This fight will be a lot tougher for Conor than ppl think. Conor will win a close decision but he will definitely get tagged with solid punches during the fight.

The fact that he won TUF as a MIDDLEWEIGHT is even more impressive when you consider that he won by beating Alex Karalexis (chubby WW), Josh Rafferty (complete Can), Josh Koscheck (WW), and Kenny Florian (LW/FW). I don't know how he was able to run through all of those middleweights.

Dang. Too bad this fight isn't happening. If Conor can crack Diego's chin, then he really is the GOAT.

We got the legendary racial traits going at it. Irish power vs Mexican chin = the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object.

Why does Diego want to fight guys that are 1000x quicker and more technical than him?

Does he think he can throw windmills every fight and get gifted decisions?

He won't go to a decision with Conor. He'll get picked off early IMO. The GOAT is in a different league.

Conor's licking his chops at this one. I'd say Diego's face would be worse than the BJ penn fight but the Goat will hit the chin and it'll be over. Diego will just be thankful for the clean KO and no face busted open.

Diego will have nothing for Conor. I'd love to see Conor against the likes of Edgar or Mendes.

e67d9-4.gif

Back