Diego Sanchez calls out MCGOAT

lol @ everyone who thinks Diego would get ko'd.

Diego has faced bigger punchers at higher weight classes and not gotten ko'd. a 145er is definitely not going to ko him. He even won the Ultimate Fighter as a MIDDLEWEIGHT.

This fight will be a lot tougher for Conor than ppl think. Conor will win a close decision but he will definitely get tagged with solid punches during the fight.

Diego trying to talk himself into a big fight. Getting iced in your own country is going to be a bad time.

Keep looking past Norman Parke, Diego.

if it goes to decision....diego by decision.

He is irrelevant though

lol risky fight for Conor but I like it. Would be nice to see Diego KO'd for once

McGregor would even have problems against Pearson . You know, the guy Diego "beat up". hahahahaha. Sorry. I couldn't even keep a straight face while typing that.

Diego Sanchez UFC ‏@DiegoSanchezUFC 25m25 minutes ago

@TheNotoriousMMA to all the Irish your conor is fake! he's all talk! I comfortably oblige... put your money where your big mouth is #UFC180

Make it happen Dana!

Edit: NVM. He already did. According to MCGOAT's twitter

Double Edit: Dana denied this fight is happening.

I am confused! :S

Diego is so desperate to resurrect his dead career. lol Too bad conor would tool him. Plus, conor shouldn't even take this fight. Diego isn't even a ranked fighter. Why take a step backwards. Diego is the one in need of some publicity and feels this is the only way to get it.

I like diego, always have, but his career is finished.

Despite the complete irrelevance of this fight, I would totally watch it.

lol @ everyone who thinks Diego would get ko'd.

Diego has faced bigger punchers at higher weight classes and not gotten ko'd. a 145er is definitely not going to ko him. He even won the Ultimate Fighter as a MIDDLEWEIGHT.

This fight will be a lot tougher for Conor than ppl think. Conor will win a close decision but he will definitely get tagged with solid punches during the fight.

one time your chin will fail you from all the beating you received

and maybe THE GOAT is the guy to do it

i mean what im talking about maybe, definitely if theres one man to do it is THE GOAT himself

Melendez got a title shot off of Diego. Why can't Conor?

I actually think it would be an interesting fight. Diego would be the biggest dude Conor has ever fought by far, and I think he would be the first wrestler as well. Diego isn't the best wrestler but at least he can do it.

This fight should happen. If they truly want McGOAT fighting for the title, give him a guy tailor made for him.

Im not sure if diego is a perfect match up for him. Hes hittable but He will be the one coming forward and im sure conor hasnt felt pressure like diegos.

And You you will win that bet with slenderbody.

This fight needs to happen

note: put it on the Anderson / Diaz card

Agreed. I feel it would be on par with the beating he received from Melendez and Penn receptively. Only perhaps with an actual finish.

dare I say that conor has more power in his punches than bj penn did. I know he's faster. And he has a much more varied offense. I think that conor would absolutely tool him.

LOL at calling a guy who is winning fights 'fake' and 'all talk'. How does that work, the criticism makes zero sense. When Anderson was in his prime I remember some interview where someone was calling him a 'point fighter', when he was KOing people every fight. What goes through these idiots heads before they ope their mouth?

Seriously, such a lame attempt at trying to ride Mcgregor's coattails. I hate these dudes who do this because they have no personality of their own.

Melendez got a title shot off of Diego. Why can't Conor?

I actually think it would be an interesting fight. Diego would be the biggest dude Conor has ever fought by far, and I think he would be the first wrestler as well. Diego isn't the best wrestler but at least he can do it.

The old Diego combined relentless takedowns, BJJ and boxing to win fights. Now he's kinda flat-footed and his takedowns aren't nearly as fast. I'd watch the fight but would be stunned if he could beat McIrishGOAT.

I can see why Diego would call him out though. The guy wants attention like the GOAT :D. I think a few days ago Nik Lentz called out Conor and Dana asked who Nik Lentz was lol.

Oh how I wish it would happen...Delusional Diego, the one that thinks he obviously beat Gomi and Pearson, really needs to be put down by the GOAT. McGregor could be the one to crack his chin.

Back