Diego Sanchez at 145

bas gluten

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I see he is moving to 145. I checked out his record and noticed how much of a decision machine he is.

In fact, in his last 12 fights (out of a possible 38 rounds) he has fought in all 38 rounds.

For his UFC career, he has fought in 60 of a possible 65 rounds (21 fights).

I thought Diego looked pretty drawn out and dehydrated at 155. Curious to see how his body is going to react to 145. Especially at this stage of his career.

I really don't get it. Cutting extreme amounts of weight is not going to improve his mediocre skills in all aspects of MMA. He isn't losing because he's too small... he's losing because he has no striking defense, poor striking technique, and weak wrestling.

His chin, toughness, and cardio are his best assets and if anything he will be putting those at risk, along with his health, trying to make 145. He was a small WW, so I get dropping to lightweight... but lightweights are not overpowering him or anything, and he usually looks a little drained from even making 155. Why drop down again?

I don't think he's going to do good. I think this is the end of his UFC career by moving down to 145.

Maybe he was hoping for a big money fight with mcgreogr, but I think that ship has sailed Diego

I think if he can actually make 145 and look healthy, there is no excuse for Cyborg not making 135.

diego is going to crack conor

He'll look worse than BJ did at 145.

I really don't get it. Cutting extreme amounts of weight is not going to improve his mediocre skills in all aspects of MMA. He isn't losing because he's too small... he's losing because he has no striking defense, poor striking technique, and weak wrestling.

His chin, toughness, and cardio are his best assets and if anything he will be putting those at risk, along with his health, trying to make 145. He was a small WW, so I get dropping to lightweight... but lightweights are not overpowering him or anything, and he usually looks a little drained from even making 155. Why drop down again?

Sadly, you are exactly right.

Only a matter of time before we see Diego vs Mighty Mouse

I'm pretty sure his career has peaked but why not try a move. we know where he stands at 70 and 55.

As far as his fighting style, what he lacks in finishes, he more than makes up for in exciting fights.

There is also one more option. Maybe he just thinks that he matches better with the guys in the 145lbs division that 155?

Nothing to add to this just want to say I agree.

I see he is moving to 145. I checked out his record and noticed how much of a decision machine he is.

In fact, in his last 12 fights (out of a possible 38 rounds) he has fought in all 38 rounds.

For his UFC career, he has fought in 60 of a possible 65 rounds (21 fights).

He's kind of old and already has some trouble with 155. He will be like baro at 145 if he can make it at all. I think he should retire. He's already showing signs of brain damage and he's had most of his looks beaten away. I think he should leave while there is still something left.

Based on his recent history, it would go to decision.

Damn he is going to get murdered or and look like BJ Penn at 145.

He better hire Wayne Szalinski as his diet coach.

th

Im a big Diego fan, but unfortunately I agree with everything you said.

I have a feeling this may be the last time we see him in the Octagon.

Back