Diego Needs to be Cut For That

Looking at the fighter pay websites isn't Diego on $99k show and 99k win? http://en.mmation.com/ufc-239-jones-vs-santos-fighter-payouts/ https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/...-woodley-lead-purse-report-with-500000-apiece

So that just made him another $99k, I can see why he did it. Don't give win bonuses then there's no reason to get a win like that.
Jesus. I would embarrass myself for 99k. Especially if I had an awesome coach who you know isnt overcharging and in fact deserves at least 50% of my purse.

I normally wouldn't care that much, but Diego has staked his entire fighting reputation on being balls to the wall and it's the only reason he's still relevant and a draw. Now that's gone.

That was absolutely shameful. I hope Pereira gets his win bonus from uncle dana. Seriously fuck that shit

The question we need to be asking is Diego in some type of cult or what?
he started out his career wacky and on the edge, and he's taken more shots to the head than just about anyone else. it honestly looks to me like he's losing it, like he's not totally in control of himself anymore. he's a likely candidate for some mayhem miller shit after he retires, or worse.

better matchmaking diego should not be fighting at 170 to begin with and if he is offer him guys his size or even age

mike perry would of been a better option at 170 another guy that should also move to 55
Mike Perry would destroy him at this point. He needs to fight bottom level guys or retire.

Lol have ya'll heard of money? Why wouldn't he take his win bonus from what was clearly an illegal knee? He looked like he was 2-3 weight classes smaller than Periera and was losing the fight. If anything, this is the smartest decision I've seen Diego make in several years.

fuck that

rules are there for a reason

guys getting hysterical about it is the real embarrassment
I agree. it’s unfortunate the way the fight ended but not some crazy shit to get upset about

An illegal knee should be an immediate DQ if it's egregious enough, leaving it up to the fighters to play pretend tough guy after taking a shot like that is dumb.
this all day. this was like the struve fight the other day, these refs are morons. great so maybe he can continue but he's circling the airport. an illegal shot that bad should be automatic DQ, totally agree. weird to see two of the same on the same card too.

I normally wouldn't care that much, but Diego has staked his entire fighting reputation on being balls to the wall and it's the only reason he's still relevant and a draw. Now that's gone.

No doubt his balls to the wall attitude is what made him still relevant in today’s mma but as far as his fighting reputation he also won the 1st TUF, started his career 17-0, and challenged for a ufc title. That’s a damn good fighting legacy and something to stake your reputation on. He gets a pass on this one imo

I don't know what his win bonus is but let's just say you are Diego.. You are losing the fight..You get kneed illegally and if you take the DQ you win and make $100K as a win bonus..Why should you give 2 shits about anything else of the guy who just kneed you?
well, he doesnt. but some dipshits on internet forums think he should lol.

If Diego would have gone out on the illegal knee like the earlier fight then the ref would have waived it off and given him the automatic win by DQ. Because he wasn’t ko’d he could make the decision for himself. Great decision by a warrior at the very end of his career.

He was definitely looking for a way out.

he should be cut. Not because of this but because of his performances. He did nothing before the knee. He hasn’t been good in years. Plus is weird

he started out his career wacky and on the edge, and he's taken more shots to the head than just about anyone else. it honestly looks to me like he's losing it, like he's not totally in control of himself anymore. he's a likely candidate for some mayhem miller shit after he retires, or worse.
When his "cornerman" was talking to him Diego was responding like a mk ultra patient

He was definitely looking for a way out.

he should be cut. Not because of this but because of his performances. He did nothing before the knee. He hasn’t been good in years. Plus is weird
I agree he prob needs to hang it up. And also not for taking the DQ win. But either drop a weight class or hand pick smaller welterweights.

I don't know what his win bonus is but let's just say you are Diego.. You are losing the fight..You get kneed illegally and if you take the DQ you win and make $100K as a win bonus..Why should you give 2 shits about anything else of the guy who just kneed you?

sherdoggers will judge him.

Back