News Diego Ferreira vs. Gregor Gillespiee added to UFC Fight Night (May 8)

Diego Ferreira vs Gregor Gillespiee

• Total voters
Great fight and a great main event as well. Lets see in what state Dillasnake and Gregor show up in.
If they bring it, both fights should be fireworks

Yeah it's definitely a huge jump in competition from Riddell to Ferreira. But I actually like this matchup better for him.
If Gillespie is going to make a run at a title shot, now is the time. Fighting Riddell wouldn't have done much for his ranking, but this fight does.

It's also better for Riddell, who I really like. Fighting Gillespie coming off a loss was probably too much too soon for him. I'd like to see him fight a few more guys his level before someone like Gillespie.
Gillespie can definitely benfit greatly from a win or even a highly competitive fight against CDF. I just wish we could see him fight off of that Kevin Lee KO against someone easier. I guess this is the big leagues tho, sink or swim. I'll be rooting for him, I enjoy his style of fighting

A challenge for both guys.

Gregor is one of the most inactive guys in the division. His last win was January 2019. I think that gives Ferreira a edge.

Ultimately a win for either guy means they deserve to fight top 10 opponents next.

The card is shaping up to be great. Hope it holds up.

I favor him too, but most of his grappling skills are top control based after takedowns. If Gregor can put him on his back I can see Gregor controlling for a close decision win.
Dude can scramble like mad and Gregor is a little small for lw. I can see CDF having success

I'm kind of leaning CDF via submission. It sucks, though, because I really like both guys

Great fight, rooting for Gillespie but this is as close to a 50/50 fight as you'll get.

Jesus christ is Gregor gonna fight already!?!?!?

Or even better, an entertaining one.
It’s only at best mildly entertaining even when there are wardrobe malfunctions, and now Reebok are gone and the fight gears made by a French manufacturing giant it seems we are destined for novice borefest after novice borefest.

It’s only at best mildly entertaining even when there are wardrobe malfunctions, and now Reebok are gone and the fight gears made by a French manufacturing giant it seems we are destined for novice borefest after novice borefest.
Lol. Fight of the Year was WMMA.

Ferreira is much more well rounded.

Incredible fight. Sad to see the Riddell bout fall through, but I kinda felt like it was almost a foregone conclusion (as much as any MMA bout can be).

This one is far more competitive and will be a supreme challenge for GG. My gut feeling is that Gregor is able to do the bare minimum of striking with CDF before taking him down and focusing on securing top position rather than submitting him or dealing damage. Carlos is dangerous as fuck for Gillespie, though -- I think he's probably the slightly better striker than Gregor and is so slick on the ground that one mistake in his guard or a scramble can lead to GG getting tapped. We saw him outgrapple Pettis with ease. Gillespie's BJJ is solid, but it's not on Dariush's level where he can just engage with CDF on the ground at will.

Back