News Diego Ferreira vs. Gregor Gillespiee added to UFC Fight Night (May 8)

Diego Ferreira vs Gregor Gillespiee

• Total voters
I haven't given up on Gregor yet. Selfishly I'd like to see him win in dominant fashion to make another contender (I think I've seen enough of ferreira that he's likely not the guy.)

Shaping up to be a very solid fight night card.

Dillashaw vs. Sandhagen
Sanchez vs. Cerrone
Neal vs. Magny
Ferreira vs. Gillespie

Plus hot prospect Ludovit Klein on the card vs. Mike Trizano.

Don't jinx it dude!

Gillespie by whatever he wants

DiscreteFoolhardyEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...r-gillespie-bout-added-8-ufc-fight-night-card

The UFC has added a lightweight matchup between Diego Ferreira and Gregor Gillespie to an event on May 8, according to multiple sources.

The 155-pound bout will take place at UFC Fight Night, expected to take place in Las Vegas. The card is headlined by a bantamweight fight between T.J. Dillashaw and Cory Sandhagen.

AnyPracticalIchidna-size_restricted.gif

AntiqueFluidIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif

Would rather see the twice scheduled and twice canceled match-up with Brad Riddell for Gillespie. Always liked the story of both fighters coming off their first losses facing one another. Ferreira should be facing Lee, Felder or Iaquinta.

Ooooooo damn what a fight.

CDF can hurt Gregor on the feet and has the bjj to be a true threat, I think he takes this.
I favor him too, but most of his grappling skills are top control based after takedowns. If Gregor can put him on his back I can see Gregor controlling for a close decision win.

Ferreira will rough him up in the stand up and clinch and scramble his way out of any bad positions, possibly hitting a guillotine early in the third round, finishing from mount.

Gregor is gonna go fishing permanently after this one

CDF sends Gregor to a lower weight class

Ferreira is 36 years old and has been in the UFC since 2014.
Gillespie is 34 years old and has been in the UFC since 2016.
Prospects?
CDF has twice as many fights as him in the ufc though. 34 probably does stop him a prospect, didn't realize he was that old, but regardless the match making is bad here. Gregor was just matched with Brad Riddell

CDF has twice as many fights as him in the ufc though. 34 probably does stop him a prospect, didn't realize he was that old, but regardless the match making is bad here. Gregor was just matched with Brad Riddell
Yeah it's definitely a huge jump in competition from Riddell to Ferreira. But I actually like this matchup better for him.
If Gillespie is going to make a run at a title shot, now is the time. Fighting Riddell wouldn't have done much for his ranking, but this fight does.

It's also better for Riddell, who I really like. Fighting Gillespie coming off a loss was probably too much too soon for him. I'd like to see him fight a few more guys his level before someone like Gillespie.

Back