Movies Die Hard (1988) vs Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Better film

• Total voters
Die hard is loved here. Fury road is mixed from what I've seen.

Should've used Predator or T1 i think for a close one, i prefer close compairsons than blowouts

Should've used Predator or T1 i think for a close one, i prefer close compairsons than blowouts

No offense because I like your polls, but I'm starting to question your gauge of the forums taste in movies and your own ideas of what a good matchup is.

I admit interstellar blowing out arrival like it did (even though I think interstellar is better) caught me slightly surprised. But die hard vs fury road is just obviously going to be lopsided here.

Which brings me to a point I made a week or so ago in which I'm positive that Parasite vs The Host wouldn't be such a complete lopsided poll in favor of Parasite like you suggest...but admittedly most people probably havent seen the host compared to those whove seen parasite.

Honestly with some of the polls you've been making it almost seems like you're trolling. Maybe not almost.

Predator and t1 both over die hard for me, btw.

Die Hard is much better. It would have been much closer if you said Road Warrior vs Die Hard. I would have voted Road Warrior.

Agreed but I do like fury road better than mad max.

No offense because I like your polls, but I'm starting to question your gauge of the forums taste in movies and your own ideas of what a good matchup is.

I admit interstellar blowing out arrival like it did (even though I think interstellar is better) caught me slightly surprised. But die hard vs fury road is just obviously going to be lopsided here.

Which brings me to a point I made a week or so ago in which I'm positive that Parasite vs The Host wouldn't be such a complete lopsided poll in favor of Parasite like you suggest...but admittedly most people probably havent seen the host compared to those whove seen parasite.

Honestly with some of the polls you've been making it almost seems like you're trolling. Maybe not almost.

Predator and t1 both over die hard for me, btw.

Both are sci-fi films, and this are two action films, that's where the similiarities end. I haven't done any thread involving either film yet, so i made this.

Civil War vs Joker is kinda close, though.

Parasite vs Oldboy was very, very close and Oldboy is better than The Host so i think it's gonna be a blowout. Ofc, for my opinion.

Please, explain how i'm trolling, as i'm clearly not.

Die Hard, unless I'm away, gets watched every Christmas Day without fail. I love it. Always get something in my eye when he meets the cop at the end, but happy something in my eye.

Both are sci-fi films, and this are two action films, that's where the similiarities end. I haven't done any thread involving either film yet, so i made this.

Civil War vs Joker is kinda close, though.

Parasite vs Oldboy was very, very close and Oldboy is better than The Host so i think it's gonna be a blowout. Ofc, for my opinion.

Please, explain how i'm trolling, as i'm clearly not.

Nobody said you were.

Like it has been been before die hard is a classic in the action genre, fury road ...is not... , actually great secenery, special effects bla bla...but honestly didn't watch the entire movie because it was kind of dull and boring after the first half hour..but maybe I was not in a good mood or something...now the original mad max and mad max 2 ..thats another story, those are another classic action movies and I would have voted for them..

I expected it to be close, MMFR is a great film

After the stunts/cinematography I disagree. It’s incredibly mediocre from almost every other aspect film wise. It was one of those films that captivated people immediately when it came out because it was nice to look at on a big screen.. but lacking any real story, character development.. it doesn’t hold up and is lost to time.

A great example of this is the thread we’re in -people to this day talk about Die Hard, but people don’t reminisce about Fury Road.. even other Mad Max films are more highly praised in retrospect because not only did they have alot of the things Fury Road did well (great stunts, cinematography) but those films also had great casting, characters, and story lines.

For fucks sakes Max doesn’t even have more than a few lines in Fury Road. Bottom line is Fury Road is a great looking movie but is much more ‘show’ than substance.

After the stunts/cinematography I disagree. It’s incredibly mediocre from almost every other aspect film wise. It was one of those films that captivated people immediately when it came out because it was nice to look at on a big screen.. but lacking any real story, character development.. it doesn’t hold up and is lost to time.

A great example of this is the thread we’re in -people to this day talk about Die Hard, but people don’t reminisce about Fury Road.. even other Mad Max films are more highly praised in retrospect because not only did they have alot of the things Fury Road did well (great stunts, cinematography) but those films also had great casting, characters, and story lines.

For fucks sakes Max doesn’t even have more than a few lines in Fury Road. Bottom line is Fury Road is a great looking movie but is much more ‘show’ than substance.
I finally watched fury road last year and it was like a slipknot music video

Agreed but I do like fury road better than mad max.

Mad Max is a bit slower. Fury just suffers from being too much action and not enough story telling but it looked fantastic. Just made me yawn too many times. Road Warrior is the best of the franchise.

Check this:

It's considered one of the best from this decade. Also the action, cinematography and soundtrack rocks.

I don't think any film need character development though. Even one or two arc in a film is ok, but some can manage to be arc-less.

I liked it. Tom Hardy probably helped that, but I didn't like the first Mad Max movies. I think I may have watched them too late.
I was stoked to hardy was involved,then it turned out to be a Charlize Theron film. It wasn't about max, and that's why when it was released I said it was shit. Got slaughtered on here for it

Die Hard, although that is by no means a condemnation of Fury Road.

Personally I'd compair Die Hard to something like Back to the Future, its got some R-rated violence in it but really I think its more of a "fun" film that the likes of Fury Road, Predator, Terminator etc which all have pretty high drama to them.

Tom Hardy is perhaps the best actor of his generation but cmon, son.

Back