Didn't Cyborg lose a kickboxing match not too long ago?

Cyborg has participated in Muay Thai throughout her career. A true challenge would be for her to do a judo competition.

Cyborg has participated in Muay Thai all her career, alright...all the way to a 2-0 record prior to the Baars fight. Try again.

I was talking about Baars
You were still pretending people now knew who she was because of Cyborg, implying Cyborg has any sort of fame in the mainstream public.
Plenty of people knew who Baars was prior to this fight.

You were still pretending people now knew who she was because of Cyborg, implying Cyborg has any sort of fame in the mainstream public.

Plenty lol

and you call me delusional

Strange to ask a question then answer is immediately.

Anyway I was damned impressed Cyborg was able to hang in a kickboxing fight. She actually had some good moments too. A beast.

I don't hate Cyborg. I just don't like cheaters and I don't like all her excuses over the years. I'm not surprised her "fans" are full of excuses for her as well.

Cybro introduces herself as a Muay Thai fighter before every fight and she tested herself against a top level Muay Thai fighter, got clowned and somehow she's a warrior that deserves respect.

Ronda introduces herself as a judoka before every fight and she tested herself against a top level boxer in Holly and tried to outbox her and got clowned and was immediately labeled overrated and a fraud by you and others.

If it's good for Ronda, it's good for Cyborg.
Lol your examples are terrible. They're nothing the same.

I'm pretty sure more people (in the US, at the very least) know Cyborg over Baars. After all, she smashed pretty Gina's face on Showtime.

Hell...I've trained MT since 2010, have been to a live Lion Fight event and had never heard of Baars until the Cyborg fight but I don't follow the European or US MT scene much. MT in the US is pretty low level.

Go to Google Trends and search Cris Cyborg and Jorina Baars if you don't believe me.

Win or lose it was a good move to test herself in that fight. It shows that she just wants to fight and she wants to fight the best. If others had the same spirit in WMMA we would have some great fights to see.

I'm pretty sure more people (in the US, at the very least) know Cyborg over Baars. After all, she smashed pretty Gina's face on Showtime.

Hell...I've trained MT since 2010, have been to a live Lion Fight event and had never heard of Baars until the Cyborg fight but I don't follow the European or US MT scene much. MT in the US is pretty low level.

Go to Google Trends and search Cris Cyborg and Jorina Baars if you don't believe me.
I'm not even saying either is a household name. I'm just laughing at someone seriously suggesting fighting a virtual no-name would somehow make you famous. When it comes to the mainstream public neither of these fighters are household names.

People getting fooled by the fact that it went to a decision, Borg got completely outclassed, it was embarrassing.
Nah it wasn't. Cyborg held her own and even had Baars in trouble several times. Sure, she lost, but considering she was fighting the best woman in that woman's own sport. Pretty impressive. Not to mention, that woman was bigger than Cyborg. Ronda, and probably any other female MMA fighter, would've been obliterated by Baars.

Nah it wasn't. Cyborg held her own and even had Baars in trouble several times. Sure, she lost, but considering she was fighting the best woman in that woman's own sport. Pretty impressive. Not to mention, that woman was bigger than Cyborg. Ronda, and probably any other female MMA fighter, would've been obliterated by Baars.
She was stumbling around the ring like a homeless drunk.

Fedor was stumbling sround the ring (cage) like a homeless drunk against Maldonado too.

And still won.

lol

Fedor was stumbling sround the ring (cage) like a homeless drunk against Maldonado too.

And still won.

lol
In Russia....

With handpicked judges & refs...

after getting knocked out and awoken multiple times....

lol.

I'm not even saying either is a household name. I'm just laughing at someone seriously suggesting fighting a virtual no-name would somehow make you famous. When it comes to the mainstream public neither of these fighters are household names.

Let's be real...nobody outside Ronda and maybe Brock or Conor (and Conor is a big if) could be considered household names from the UFC. Maybe Chuck back in the day, though Johnny Drama didn't seem to know who he was lol.

Why hasn't Ronda done any grappling tourneys against any BJJ girls? Or has she? Maybe she doesn't like to challenge herself, even though grappling is her base.

In Russia....

With handpicked judges & refs...

after getting knocked out and awoken multiple times....

lol.
Cyborg should give him her name. He's like T-1000 from Terminator 2

05.jpg

That fight convinced me Fedor would've won Bigfoot and Hendo fights too if not for premature stoppages.

Its funny when Ronda fans bash Cyborg for losing to one of the best Muay Thai fighters in the world. Yet they seem to forget Ronda finished 3rd/4th in Judo at the Olympics...

Cyborg fought a bigger, undefeated and possible GOAT fighter in another combat sport who is something like 43 - 0 and not only held her own but started to do well near the end.

Whats the point of this thread TS? Cyborg is a fighter - win or lose and she takes on all comers - even the bigger ones.

Back