Didn't anyone explain to Gian Villante

He fought really well until the tap, which I assume was at least partially due to fatigue. He was on his way to a 10-8 third round before that.

for a guy fighting a MUCH BIGGER opponent, I was impressed at how well he held up.... before that odd sub.

can anyone explain that sub? Did not look like an Ezekiel to me, kind of like an arm bar, but with no leverage and didn’t look deep to me... I don’t get it.

It was an inverted arm triangle.

He fought really well until the tap, which I assume was at least partially due to fatigue. He was on his way to a 10-8 third round before that.

for a guy fighting a MUCH BIGGER opponent, I was impressed at how well he held up.... before that odd sub.

can anyone explain that sub? Did not look like an Ezekiel to me, kind of like an arm bar, but with no leverage and didn’t look deep to me... I don’t get it.
Initially I thought he tapped due to exhaustion lol.

I'm sure I missed a fight or two of his but didn't he have a 15 minute sparring session with Sam Alvey at one stage?

Thankfully there is no way Gus is going to move up like that.

Villante has terrible skill, that's why he is right at HW.
He has been Weidmans punching bag for ages

If he wanted to fight at heavyweight, he could for easily weighed in at 235 and been in much better shape. But 255?!? He clearly didn't train like he should. Or eat like he should.

That arm triangle from bottom tho... {<jordan}

CriminalExaltedCornsnake-size_restricted.gif

DangerousShockedAiredale-size_restricted.gif

Need to see the Gracie breakdown on this one... it seemed like he had no squeeze at all.
He clearly had a free hand/arm to push Greene's legs and pass his leg. Now from side control the amount of pressure would be so greatly reduced.

He really wasn't blacking out or anything you can tell by his face when he rises up after tapping. He had some time to fight out of it.

That should not have happened.

He clearly had a free hand/arm to push Greene's legs and pass his leg. Now from side control the amount of pressure would be so greatly reduced.

He really wasn't blacking out or anything you can tell by his face when he rises up after tapping. He had some time to fight out of it.

That should not have happened.

Yeah, I feel like there is a reason we don’t ever see this submission, which is likely that he put no fucking effort attempting to escape and just gave up.

Didn’t see any significant effort to pass that leg, to pull backwards, to “talk on the phone” or adjust his angle.

and I don’t see how that angle gave sufficient squeeze or restricted space to be a true blood choke.

Yeah, I feel like there is a reason we don’t ever see this submission, which is likely that he put no fucking effort attempting to escape and just gave up.

Didn’t see any significant effort to pass that leg, to pull backwards, to “talk on the phone” or adjust his angle.

and I don’t see how that angle gave sufficient squeeze or restricted space to be a true blood choke.

Def was not a blood choke. It was an already deplete lung capacity, plus increased air restriction panic choke.

I remember Jeremy Horn putting Chuck out with an arm triangle from the bottom, but that was tight as hell and Liddell was in Horn's guard. That was just a loose, soup sandwich of a sub that happened to work somehow. Gian's really good at losing winnable fights, mind you; he's been doing it for over a decade now.

You put him on a parlay? hahahhaha<Lmaoo><45>

On paper, it wasn't a bad decision, if only cuz Maurice Greene's a bad fighter and Villante packs a whallop. Hell, that was pretty much as close as you can get to finishing a guy without actually getting it done. That was a really, really odd tap out. I'm not one to claim fix or buy in to any sort of conspiracy theories but I'd love for Gian to explain why the hell he tapped there. Maybe a neck injury?

On paper, it wasn't a bad decision, if only cuz Maurice Greene's a bad fighter and Villante packs a whallop. Hell, that was pretty much as close as you can get to finishing a guy without actually getting it done. That was a really, really odd tap out. I'm not one to claim fix or buy in to any sort of conspiracy theories but I'd love for Gian to explain why the hell he tapped there. Maybe a neck injury?
Idk why tf he tapped, and he was on his way to winning so maybe you were a genius. But damn I wouldn't put Gian on a parlay lol just to un reliable for me

The guy is a MW
He doesn't have more muscle mass than Rockhold and he is a little shorter.
But why kill yourself making weight when you can fight at LHW and HW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back