Didn't anyone explain to Gian Villante

Killroy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Didn't anyone explain to Gian Villante that you're supposed to bump up in weight by packing on some muscle and lift weights, not by hitting the Ben & Jerry's?

Q4GRR4L4Vbf4qlxCn_sWFn49ipHrwAC8XbDRqYHAxIGT7RyHk6H9E2WGQNVtL8-vGoIgMC5Y_SDAa6MzltaC_qdVjInXRL4NGLRrouE5pdmlacKwgs-Adtzw2VIhdViz6LI

maurice-greene-gian-villante-ufc-on-espn-12-2.jpg

I mean, damn dude, look at that difference

He fought really well until the tap, which I assume was at least partially due to fatigue. He was on his way to a 10-8 third round before that.

for a guy fighting a MUCH BIGGER opponent, I was impressed at how well he held up.... before that odd sub.

can anyone explain that sub? Did not look like an Ezekiel to me, kind of like an arm bar, but with no leverage and didn’t look deep to me... I don’t get it.

Didn't anyone explain to Gian Villante that you're supposed to bump up in weight by packing on some muscle and lift weights, not by hitting the Ben & Jerry's?

Q4GRR4L4Vbf4qlxCn_sWFn49ipHrwAC8XbDRqYHAxIGT7RyHk6H9E2WGQNVtL8-vGoIgMC5Y_SDAa6MzltaC_qdVjInXRL4NGLRrouE5pdmlacKwgs-Adtzw2VIhdViz6LI

maurice-greene-gian-villante-ufc-on-espn-12-2.jpg

I mean, damn dude, look at that difference
Really odd decision to just put weight on like that. Not gonna be fun lifting that around without the appropriate muscle/cardio

He fought really well until the tap, which I assume was at least partially due to fatigue. He was on his way to a 10-8 third round before that.

for a guy fighting a MUCH BIGGER opponent, I was impressed at how well he held up.... before that odd sub.

can anyone explain that sub? Did not look like an Ezekiel to me, kind of like an arm bar, but with no leverage and didn’t look deep to me... I don’t get it.

no he didn't. he came in out of shape looking to throw bombs and paid for it started to wisen up at some points and fight smarter but ultimately took to much damage and went to complete exhaustion. a good serra bjj student isn't going to react the way he did to that sub. it just seemed like he gave up and didn't try. the guy has unusually long arms i get that but the ending of that fight was weird. i feel like he just quit because he was fat and full of hoagies and pizza.

A few years ago I thought Gian Villante was a good fighter, seeing him in Weidman's footages and training at Serra Longo. Turns out he's below average. That sub was from primary school.

That shit looked fkn fixed, or even so badly fake that it couldnt been a fix. He ruined my parley that slob...
omg. i was SCREAMING for the fight to be stopped. and it damn well should have agter he got dropped and ate like 15 elbows.
ref fucked us bro.
i had a fair amount on gian. salt is real

The frightening thing is that's not the biggest Villante's been. Stipe said he sparred with him once when Gian was at 275 lbs. We have to face the possibility that this is actually what Gian normally looks like when he's not weight cutting.

I love Villante, is a tough Italian dude from my zip code. But he packed on the weight Italian Quarantine style: squats in the garage and grandma's cooking.

Really odd decision to just put weight on like that. Not gonna be fun lifting that around without the appropriate muscle/cardio

https://fansided.com/2020/06/26/gia...ecautions-that-kept-him-off-the-ufc-249-card/

“Talking to my coach and my manager, and they were very much against it,” Villante explains. “I have asthma and I had pneumonia seven out of the past ten years, I don’t have the best lungs so if I got it (Covid-19) I probably might die. So I said ‘Nah’ and the kind of convinced me not to do it. Being a new father I had to be a little bit more cautious.”

The dude hadn't fought since February 2019, and he wasn't planning on fighting during the lockdown stuff because of his asthma and susceptibility to pneumonia. I think he must've said fuck it and just got fat because he wasn't planning on fighting due to being high risk for Covid, especially while being a new father, then he had a change of heart probably because he needed cash and took a HW fight way out of shape. There's no way this weight gain was an intentional strategy for moving up, he just wasn't planning on fighting then got an opponent he thought he could beat.

They were feeding him Pasta in between round to fuel him up didn't you see TS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back