Did Zabit vs Bochniak fight told us that Zabit is not ready for top competition yet ?

Zabit gets smoked by the current top 5. He’s not ready yet.

It told me he's very skilled but has a questionable gas tank.

That is something I noticed also.
At the same time he hit Bochniak with everything and kitchen sink, with broken hand.
I think his output is too high for 25 min fight, he will probably lower down number of attacks per minute, if he does not want to gas out in 25 min fight.

Rogan was going way over-the-top as usual, his usual hype nonsense. That certainly made it seem like a 30-23 fight.

In saying that Zabit is clearly skilled and very talented, and apparently he had a broken hand before. He still looks a bit raw too me though, I want to see more. He was totally exhausted at the end of third, if that was 5 rounds he would have been in big trouble. Bochniak is a tough guy.

guys train specifically for however long the fight is going...if that fight was a 5 round fight, he would have been prepared for a 5 round fight...zabit pretty much went the entire fight, going nonstop putting on a wrestling and standup clinic...he only appeared to tire a bit near the end of the 3rd..so his training was perfect for that fight...he should have had a little more in the tank...but he trained for a 3 round fight and went each round hard...so his cardio is there...when he starts fighting 5 rounders, he will need to be a bit smarter and train accordingly.

You said yair isnt that good.. Just lays your whole thread to shit as yair or zabit will both be champions or in the top 5 in a matter of a few years.

First of all i think that zabit is talented but not that good as some claim him to be , So if you watch that fight without Joe Rogan commentary you will notice how he struggled with the first person who has a wikipedia page who also is 5'7 and has a record of 8-3 , His striking and grappling are good but his style requires a lot of cardio and he seems to have a gas tank problem (He gassed in the last round against kyle ) and lacks finishing power against guys who have wikipedia pages . personally i think that if UFC wants to build him they should have gave him another unranked opponent to build him before giving him Yair who isnt that good but may beat Zabit because he is the same size of him . If he gets through Yair maybe i will change my mind about him but i still dont see him fighting in a 5 rounder against guys like Aldo Ortega Moicano or Chad , without mentioning Max who is the champ and frankie who is his teammate . Zabit is really talented but i dont think that he is ready yet .

So if we make a wikipedia page for Kyle you'll change your mind? Lmao

He’s definitely getting fast tracked, no doubt about that. If you look at Yair, who at one point was another young super exciting prospect coming up, he had six straight wins before he got a fight with Edgar.

As mentioned above, the bochniak fight just taught us that Kyle is an absolute savage. Zabit ran out of steam in the third round because for the prior 10 minutes he was running an absolute clinic on bochniak. It’s exhausting to put a continuous beating on someone who refuses to go down.

I think zabit beats yair because he knows how to wrestle.

Zabit is likely the more complete standup fighter given that he can match Yair’s kicking game and he’s got hands to boot. He’s also got a high level wrestling and grappling and the Frankie fight revealed that at least a year ago, Yair was massively deficient on the ground.

i mean zabit did beat his ass, bochniak is just super tough and game as fuck apparently.

he could still be improving.

The one thing im still wondering about his broken hand is how severe was it? Because he was still throwing punches with that hand throughout the fight while Whittaker and Felder were in obvious pain and couldnt even throw a punch with theirs the rest of the fight. Im honestly curious if the injury has been exagerrated at all.

that fight was a completely different situation . He broke his hand before the fight , still fought like a legend , & he is more of a complete fighter than yair. Boxing , kicking & grappling he does all of it , but on the other side yair is top striker but weak wrestler . UFC 228 , I'll go with Zabit by sub.

Back