Did Your Social Circle Get Smaller In Your 30s?

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It's no secret that as we age our responsibilities shift and we may not have the same time that we use to in order to keep the same social circles we once had. There are tons of reasons beyond some responsibility but alas.....

How much smaller did your social circle get in and around your 30s? For myself the actual amount of people I hasn't really changed but the composition, short of a couple of my closest, has changed wildly. It seems like your 20s are a gauntlet of obstacles and alot of them simple didn't make it for one reason or another.

wait till you get to your 50s,it shrinks even more cause the fuckers have been dying since you turned 40.

Yes. The circle is smaller, but the people in it are most trustworthy.

Yea but my belly got bigger so it all evened out

Yeah I got even more introverted. And my standards went up. I don't want to spend my free time around people I don't like. It's like torture. I already work all week ffs. And I don't like any of the poeple I meet enough to want to be around them more. The few people I would spend time with are all busy, and so am I really.

Mine got bigger. In NY there is a new phenomenon. You become friends with your kids friends parents. The partying gets insane. And the group just keeps getting bigger. Probably 15 families at this point.

I didn't think friends were a thing after high school.

I talk to coworkers sometimes and my wife sometimes.

The end.

Any other questions DM me.

I’ve been moving every 2-3 years as part of my job, some of it overseas assignments. When you move away a lot of people stop trying to stay in touch. When you realize you’re the only one making any effort to maintain contact, you move on.

I’m in my 50s now, and i have 3 solid friends that I managed to stay close with since i joined the airforce in my 20s. We all changed and have families, but we still have a great time whenever we get together.

I didn't think friends were a thing after high school.

I talk to coworkers sometimes and my wife sometimes.

The end.

Any other questions DM me.
Lol I feel like I hate most people, but I still have a couple friends I can talk to. I usually don't though, I just let that shit eat at me. My best friend though, I will tell pretty much anything. We've known each other a long time and been thru so much shit at this point.

In my 20s I had 2 good friends and a lot of drinking buddies. Now I have 3 good friends and a network of sober alcoholics to socialize with. My social circle is actually expanding. Moral of the story, drinking buddies are not friends.

Social circle changes. Now have work friends, family friends, kids family friends, old high school and college friends, mentors, mentees,...and as always very few real, trustworthy friends you can rely on for anything.

My social circle has been nonexistent since my kids were born. Both under 3, i work an insane amount of hours, and other than that these little fucks are always around. I don't want to gave work friends at all, not even one.

Itll probably get better as they get older.

I’ve been moving every 2-3 years as part of my job, some of it overseas assignments. When you move away a lot of people stop trying to stay in touch. When you realize you’re the only one making any effort to maintain contact, you move on.

I’m in my 50s now, and i have 3 solid friends that I managed to stay close with since i joined the airforce in my 20s. We all changed and have families, but we still have a great time whenever we get together.
Sounds like were in around the same time ‘81-‘86

It's gotten much smaller in my 30's. I've tried to keep some long standing friendships going but people are busy living their lives.

My circle shrank in my mid-twenties. I don't know how it could get much smaller than it currently is in my thirties, but I'll let you know if it does. I'm currently 28.

Right now I'm basically down to just family, but to be fair I have a close-knit, large family.

It has gotten much smaller. People move, have families, change interests, you figure out that some are users and others die so the circle gets smaller and smaller.

Mid 30s for sure. I peaked in late undergrad and grad school, then moved to Toronto and it all changed. Have a few good friends and new acquaintances.

Yes. I eliminated people with an AGI lower than 3 million unless they were an LA 8 or above.

It's amazing how small mine became compared to my college and right after college years. Deployment, work and divorce will do that to you though...

I legit have a handful of people I consider close friends.

Back