Did your opinion changed on UFC/ESPN deal?

I liked it at first when we got like five awesome free cards. Now that I have to pay more for pay per views and use their shitty app that makes rewinding and watching slow mo replay nearly impossible I like it less.

this.
All you streamers can Fuk off

It's still on Fox here in Latin America so I haven't noticed a difference at all.

That said, having to pay for a service to have the privilege or paying again for the PPV is ridiculous.

Absolute trash for multiple reasons.

hello dana.

Cowboy was paid hundred of thousands less then midget mendes and diaz vs Conor & Diaz made at least 15x more than Cowboy in the rematch.

Peanuts.

He didnt even get PPV Points lmfaoo

but he did get that "take a dive" money....

and to TS: question its awful...

I didn't say UFC fixed it.... I think Conor stroked a check...

I don't have enough info to give an opinon.

I can't tell the difference between how Conor vs Cowboy was promoted based on it being on ESPN compared to how it would've been promoted otherwise.

Most of these things just affect the US audience.

Over here in Sweden ESPN is not available.
And almost no-one would consider paying for a PPV as
a) PPV has never really been established as a thing over here.
b) Who wants to pay a lot for something that starts at 3 AM? Almost impossible to gather a group of friends at that time

Most sports-fans I know use ViaPlay, a subscription based TV+sports network which happens to have a deal with the UFC.
(in 2020 ViaPlay announced that the a few of the bigger events every year will not be available via the subscription (only through PPV) so now a lot of fans lost interest in paying for it. I've never bought it myself, but considered it before, but now it's off the table for me)

Last edited:
I was always against it and the increasing liberal influence just confirms my apprehension

There will be a lot of negativity from the fans regardless of what happens.

As much as I hate to admit it I actually like ESPN+ quite a bit. Watched a lot of hockey and 30 for 30s so far. Seems like the UFC has gone downhill though. Stacked cards seem to be a thing of the past....

This.

He said no points, no nothing...not even sure why he signed for it then.

I don't buy that for a second.

He may not have received PPV points, but I highly doubt his total compensation was 200k. I'm not sure why so many fans think the fighters want to publicly disclose their full income lol

He may not have received PPV points, but I highly doubt his total compensation was 200k. I'm not sure why so many fans think the fighters want to publicly disclose their full income lol
Thats is what he said, honestly i dont trully buy it either...imo its false narrative, or he has the WORST manager ever, or he is his own manager and he sucks at it, you dont fight the biggest MMA draw and not get paid accordingly, someone could think he bet on a win and capitalize on it, but imo even in the first fight you get paid, you win? you get even more in the next fight.

I don't like streaming in general so I don't like the ESPN deal. But its great for people who don't have cable or Direct TV. They need more FN cards on the ESPN channel or at least ESPN 2.

Thats is what he said, honestly i dont trully buy it either...imo its false narrative, or he has the WORST manager ever, or he is his own manager and he sucks at it, you dont fight the biggest MMA draw and not get paid accordingly, someone could think he bet on a win and capitalize on it, but imo even in the first fight you get paid, you win? you get even more in the next fight.

I agree...and any "promise" from Dana is worth nothing, so no one (never mind someone who has been around as long as Cerrone) is going to take only 200k to fight Conor, and count on some 'promise' of more money, a title shot, or whatever else, in the future.

I liked it at first when we got like five awesome free cards. Now that I have to pay more for pay per views and use their shitty app that makes rewinding and watching slow mo replay nearly impossible I like it less.
The shitty app was always my biggest complaint, but it has improved a bit. While fast forwarding and rewinding still suck ass, at least they are now breaking apart the cards, so I have to do less of it.

Still blows my mind though how a behemoth company like Disney can make such shitty software. Same with their new Disney+ app where they didn't even launch with the ability to resume a show where you left off. WTF

The ESPN plus app works great. The content is good. But the prices are fucking ridiculous. I subscribe to ESPN plus but I have to pay nearly $70 for every single event still. Not only do you not get a discount but the price has been increased. That’s a crock of shit.

I don’t buy it either. The bulk of the pay usually comes behind the scenes. But with Cerrone you never know, sometimes he just seems to fight for the fun of it.

Back