Did you pay to watch Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul exhibition match?

So did you pay? (Your name won't be shown)

• I paid.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • I streamed for free.

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • I didn't watch it.

Votes: 47 54.7%

• Total voters
Logan Paul showed more fighting IQ in his fight than Conor did. Went to distance, got the unofficial draw and made Floyd angry. You could tell. That shit was worth a free stream at least.

but paying for it? Fuck no.

I didn't buy or watch it live but I caught some highlights today. I'll give credit where credit is due to Floyd's and Logan's drawing power. I didn't think this would do over a million buys, it probably done 3m +. This thing was absolutely everywhere today.

I honestly didn’t know it was last night until I logged on.

Hearing the comments, it sounds like Floyd most likely carried him in a believable way. Mayweather wants to keep his name out there for potential opponents and rematches. If he faceplants someone, no one is going to want to fight him again.

"Did you pay to eat shit, or did you just found some shit on the floor and ate it?"

I read the comments here on sherdog's forum with my kid as the fight progressed.

He was confused as to why my avatar is a sandwich made from peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.

I told him that it was my go to snack when I was a kid.

Then, I watched the fight on youtube.

My kid felt no desire to watch the fight on youtube. So, he read a book.

I honestly didn’t know it was last night until I logged on.

Hearing the comments, it sounds like Floyd most likely carried him in a believable way. Mayweather wants to keep his name out there for potential opponents and rematches. If he faceplants someone, no one is going to want to fight him again.

I think Floyd wanted some knockdowns atleast, but Paul was grabbing, and backing away at every opportunity. His head movement was also quite good for a novice, and he obviously had a huge height and reach advantage (almost Fedor vs Hong-man Choi-like). Floyd found it difficult to reach him with anything substantial, and it's not like he was given a whole lot of chances to counter.

He did land some big shots but Paul took them, which I suppose is expected considering he outweighs Floyd by about 50 pounds.

The only legit chance Floyd had of stopping him, is if Paul gassed out totally like Conor, but 8 rounds was just too little time for that, considering that Floyd took off the first couple of rounds.

I think Floyd wanted some knockdowns atleast, but Paul was grabbing, and backing away at every opportunity. His head movement was also quite good for a novice, and he obviously had a huge height and reach advantage (almost Fedor vs Hong-man Choi-like). Floyd found it difficult to reach him with anything substantial, and it's not like he was given a whole lot of chances to counter.

He did land some big shots but Paul took them, which I suppose is expected considering he outweighs Floyd by about 50 pounds.

The only legit chance Floyd had of stopping him, is if Paul gassed out totally like Conor, but 8 rounds was just too little time for that, considering that Floyd took off the first couple of rounds.

I don’t think he does normal training camps either anymore. Which is why he never put his foot on the gas against McGregor. (Plus he supposedly had a side bet)

I was in a class of about 60 mostly males in their 20s and asked how many paid for it. The answer was a resounding NO ONE! I hope this tanked. It makes fight sports a joke.

I don’t think he does normal training camps either anymore. Which is why he never put his foot on the gas against McGregor. (Plus he supposedly had a side bet)

Yeah no way. He looked bulky and sloppy. Probably didn't train at all really, outside of his usual training that he does always, casually

I'd assume that the buys are going to be south of what they expected, all things considered (holding it on a Sunday and directly against Mexico v USA). Still made out well for such a farce.

Under normal circumstances, I'd have never even thought about ordering it. But I was busy doing a bunch of last-minute packing for a move across the country & I was bored out of my mind. So, I ordered the PPV so I could sort of half-watch it while packing. It beat silence & I wasn't in the mood for music. So, I paid $50 for whatever meager entertainment it would bring. And I actually got one good fight out of the four featured attractions. Arias - Hurd was a nice scrap. I was busy during the football player thing so I missed it. The Badou Jack fight sucked & the main event was a disappointment in that Floyd didn't close the show. But I've paid for worse combat sports events in my time. So, I can live with it. It made my three hours of packing go by a bit quicker. So, it did its job.

hell no, but honestly, i still don't know what to make of it. Was Floyd just working defense like he looked to be? If that's the case that explains everything, I just don't get how if he'd put any effort forth he couldn't have stopped the guy easy. When you've heard stories like I have over the years about mouthy guys coming to gyms or even in the streets being absolutely no match for a pro boxer you find this shit incredulous. Hell, look at Rocky Lockridge's streetfight, he was a stroke patient, drug addicted, old....kayoed the dude with a 1-2. Many stories like that and I really don't think the size difference was that much of a big deal given the competition. It's not like he was fighting even a journeyman. Maybe floyd has more stuff up his sleeves like baiting the brother to fight, just strange.

hell no, but honestly, i still don't know what to make of it. Was Floyd just working defense like he looked to be? If that's the case that explains everything, I just don't get how if he'd put any effort forth he couldn't have stopped the guy easy. When you've heard stories like I have over the years about mouthy guys coming to gyms or even in the streets being absolutely no match for a pro boxer you find this shit incredulous. Hell, look at Rocky Lockridge's streetfight, he was a stroke patient, drug addicted, old....kayoed the dude with a 1-2. Many stories like that and I really don't think the size difference was that much of a big deal given the competition. It's not like he was fighting even a journeyman. Maybe floyd has more stuff up his sleeves like baiting the brother to fight, just strange.

That’s what I honestly think it is.

If he massacred the kid, no one would want to step in the ring with him and the “mma/youtuber vs boxing” farce would come to an abrupt end.

Spending money on this crap would have been just about a level over beeing on onlyfans customer, so no.

Back