Did you know: Wonderboy is within a year of Robbie's age

The Bard

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Robbie Lawler is less than a year older than Thompson. This is somewhat mind-boggling to me since I see Wonderboy as a bit of a "prospect," at least until last night, while Robbie has been around forever.

Does this affect whether you think Wonderboy should get the title shot? If you don't give him the shot, he might not have enough years to fight another time or two, maybe lose, then have to come back and win 3-4 more fights after that before going for the belt. I don't think his skill set will age particularly well.

That Erick Silva kid is great prospect.

Wonderboy has been around for a long time but only started MMA in 2010 or something, right? Other than that, 57-0 in kickboxing.

Wonderboy has been around for a long time but only started MMA in 2010 or something, right? Other than that, 57-0 in kickboxing.

I keep hearing this 57-0. What organization is that ?

Was he in K-1 ?

57-0 in long pants karate kickboxing.

He would be mid tier at best in K-1 rules. Not a world beater.

His dad didn't take out the belt. He put on the karate shoes.

He should be called the american sniper and not wonderboy. And quit coming out to that awful song.

Wear-and-tear and damage from fights > age

MMA and combat sports in general I think are one of the few things in which someone starting kind of late isn't a huge deal as long as you have some level of athleticism and your body is not damaged too badly. Obviously the athleticism from being younger and also learning at a younger age is a big advantage but it doesn't necessarily always equate to being the better competitor.

57-0 in long pants karate kickboxing.

He would be mid tier at best in K-1 rules. Not a world beater.

And he would merc K-1 guys in MMA. So what? His accomplishments are incredible in kickboxing, karate, and now MMA. His lone MMA loss was against Matt Brown by decision. Watch the 3rd round of that fight, where Thompson is wrecking Brown for parts of it. He has been legit for a long time. Whether he fought K-1 or not.

why do people give a shut about k1 so much? it really wasn't that good

Hendricks and Wonderboy are the same age but Hendricks looks old enough to be Wonderboys dad

And he would merc K-1 guys in MMA. So what? His accomplishments are incredible in kickboxing, karate, and now MMA. His lone MMA loss was against Matt Brown by decision. Watch the 3rd round of that fight, where Thompson is wrecking Brown for parts of it. He has been legit for a long time. Whether he fought K-1 or not.
ok? I know he would beat K-1 guys in MMA because Stephen is a MMA fighter. Whats your point? He asked about his kickboxing record and thats what we are talking about. He is a great kickboxer and I am a huge fan of his. But karate kickboxing and K-1/muay thai style kickboxing are two different sports. So his amazing karate kickboxing record isnt as impressive.

Wonderboy is like 25 in getting punched in the head age, Robbie is like 84. Old man Robbie is still scary as fuck though.

That's quite interesting.

I think the name "Wonderboy" and his overall baby face give off the impression that he's much younger.

Did you know. JDS is 32 but in fact he is 65.

I'll admit I thought he was much younger. He has aged well, and is a handsome guy. Will watch his fight with Robbie 100%

Back