Did you know this cowboy fact(s)?

I thought this would be interesting.... these are not fun facts.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm slightly more excited in Cowboy's fight rather than the main event.

lol what? its a good fight but Jones/DC is the highest quality fight possible.....if JJ/DC is an A+, Cerrone/Jury is somewhere around a B

he lost 29-28,he didnt get owned-he lost a boxing match.he had more leg kicks and head kicks and nate was knocked down.that was long time ago and nate is 1-3 in his last 4

Are people just gonna let this retarded post go?

During the Miller fight, Cowboy hurt Miller with a body shot that Big John thought was a low blow. It looked like Miller was about to be finished, but Big John called a break and gave Miller time to recover. However, after the action resumed, Cowboy eventually caught Miller with a head kick and knocked him out, so he wasn't denied a finish after all.

PS- Murilo Bustamante armbarred Matt Lindland at UFC 37 fighting for the middleweight title. Lindland tapped, Murilo let go and Big John called out for the fight to be stopped. However, Lindland claimed he hadn't actually tapped and Big John inexplicably let the fight go on. But later on in the fight, Lindland got caught in a guillotine and clearly tapped and the fight was finally called. Bustamante never defended his title or fought in the UFC again, he was stripped of his title after signing with Pride. So Bustamante was actually the first guy with a double finish in the UFC. :)

thx for sharing.

I think Bustamante was Palhares' mentor. That should account for something.

he lost 29-28,he didnt get owned-he lost a boxing match.he had more leg kicks and head kicks and nate was knocked down.that was long time ago and nate is 1-3 in his last 4

Cerrone had some effective offense, but he undoubtedly got owned.

He pretty much acknowledges it himself in this moment:

Diaz-Double-Finger.gif

BTW diaz got owned by ben henderson(who only wins via close dec) so take that diaz fans!!!!!!!
i have no idea why did someone post he got own by diaz in this thread.oh,well i guess i'll have to make one about diaz being overrated and destroyed by the likes of RDA,bendo,joe f-ckin' stevenson,josh thomson(the list goes on)

The scores were 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28 all for Diaz.
Cerrone showed zero head movement in that fight and was getting tagged all night long. 30-27 or 30-26 is the correct score imo.

Matt brown vs. Pete Sell

i think it was UFC 94, brown stopped Sell Lavine waved it off - then waved it back on a couple of seconds later, brown was almost pleeding with the ref to stop the fight, Sell was completely out on his feet.

The only fact i learned in this tread is that far to many fighters have to finish fights twice!

The scores were 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28 all for Diaz.
Cerrone showed zero head movement in that fight and was getting tagged all night long. 30-27 or 30-26 is the correct score imo.

i would agree that cowboy has bad head movement/footwork and has troubles with faster guys(rda,pettis,barboza,even alvarez).that being said nate has no footwork at all,he would get destroyed by most wrestlers and kickboxers

Matt brown vs. Pete Sell

i think it was UFC 94, brown stopped Sell Lavine waved it off - then waved it back on a couple of seconds later, brown was almost pleeding with the ref to stop the fight, Sell was completely out on his feet.

The only fact i learned in this tread is that far to many fighters have to finish fights twice!

yeah i could only think of cowboy/miller but you are correct(about some fighters having to finish their fights twice)

OK can you elaborate on this? What am I forgetting?

Miller couldn't continue for several seconds after he was hit in the body with a front kick improperly ruled a low blow before play back. The fight continued and Donald got the stoppage in the next round from a head kick with follow up shots.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm slightly more excited in Cowboy's fight rather than the main event.

I'm a big Cowboy and Jones fan... I'd say I'm still more excited about the Main Event but that's saying a lot because I'm also invested as hell in the Co-Main.

Back