Did you know the Greeks fought the Chinese over 2000 years ago?

Interesting. I've heard of the battle before but didn't know that Dayuan were Greeks. I always thought they were more related to Persians. It's the legacy of Alexander the Great.

The Chinese also visited Somalia and Kenya in the 1400, close to 100 years before Vasco de Gama went around Cape of Good Hope. In fact DNA tests showed there are Eastern Africans with Chinese DNA from 700 years ago who are descendants of marooned Chinese sailors.
Dayuan (ferghana valley) were Greeks?
I don't think so. Greeks have passed there, Alexandros Megas conquered that patch, but they were never Greeks.

This is where Borat and @Cole train are from.

I miss PrideFC.:(
They knew how to put on a show!

@UFC,
WE ARE NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
befront_gladiator_00.jpg

Put down the fucking phone for an hour a month and look up some history.

I bet less than 5% of anyone under 30 could even pick out Australia on a world map. I have had maybe 50 teens work for me over the years. So far no one has been able to name all of the continents.

Too many continents. Hard to judge.

We would be buds. Kings and Generals is my favorite "show" period. When it pops up on my feed, it's an instant watch.

BazBattles, Invicta, HistoryMarche, SandRhoman, History Time (if you want more depth), Extra Credits (for a good overview), and HomeTeam History (for African history).

You might enjoy the Age of Napoleon podcast if you're interested in that kind of thing. It's in depth and great.

Put down the fucking phone for an hour a month and look up some history.

I bet less than 5% of anyone under 30 could even pick out Australia on a world map. I have had maybe 50 teens work for me over the years. So far no one has been able to name all of the continents.

Lol. That's an American thing, not an under-30 thing. Young people in other countries aren't retarded.

Alexander the Great Vs. Genghis Khan who
wins?
Gotta go with the Mongols. I honestly think, pound for pound, they are (possibly) the most dominant military force ever. Taking away nuclear weapons of course. They weren't unbeatable, obviously, but it's scary what they were able to accomplish in history.

Back