Did you know the Greeks fought the Chinese over 2000 years ago?

Interesting. I've heard of the battle before but didn't know that Dayuan were Greeks. I always thought they were more related to Persians. It's the legacy of Alexander the Great.

The Chinese also visited Somalia and Kenya in the 1400, close to 100 years before Vasco de Gama went around Cape of Good Hope. In fact DNA tests showed there are Eastern Africans with Chinese DNA from 700 years ago who are descendants of marooned Chinese sailors.

This was on my Youtube recommendation. Never knew they went to war against one another.

Put down the fucking phone for an hour a month and look up some history.

I bet less than 5% of anyone under 30 could even pick out Australia on a world map. I have had maybe 50 teens work for me over the years. So far no one has been able to name all of the continents.

I bet less than 5% of anyone under 30 could even pick out Australia on a world map. I have had maybe 50 teens work for me over the years. So far no one has been able to name all of the continents.
Are you belittling the TS for coming on and admitting he just learned about something that is not well known? Get over yourself. I seriously doubt you knew about this.

I also don’t believe your story about Australia. That implies that you have a big map at your work place and for some reason are asking all the teens you work with to point it out to you on the map. That would be an incredibly weird thing to do

Last edited:
Kings and Generals is my favorite YouTube channel for history stuff. They use Total War games, mostly DEI mod for Rome 2 in the reenacted battles.

Epic History is another great channel with TW stuff.

We would be buds. Kings and Generals is my favorite "show" period. When it pops up on my feed, it's an instant watch.

BazBattles, Invicta, HistoryMarche, SandRhoman, History Time (if you want more depth), Extra Credits (for a good overview), and HomeTeam History (for African history).

Let off my lawn!

Back