Did you have anything super cool when you were a kid?

outlaw.jpg

Holy hell, how big was that thing?

pogo balls suck.

I had a pothead dad. Who always had a fat bag of weed in his underwear drawer. Made me popular. As I stole it, and smoked people up.

Also had a go cart for a little while. Drove it around town. I was the envy of the neighborhood for a few weeks, until I crashed it into the neighbors house. You aren't supposed to drive those things in residential or business areas.

Every little boy loves his parents, and we were fully prepared at all times to murder an entire regiment of rogue samurai in order to avenge their tragic deaths. That's why we needed that extensive weapon collection we had stashed somewhere -- under the bed, at the bottom of the closet beneath the toy chest or just wrapped in an old blanket down by the creek. If you were rich and, consequently, your affluent parents were too busy making money to love or supervise you, those weapons may have even been manufactured: illicit ninja stars forged in the darkest heart of those touristy areas in Mexico, a pocket knife ordered from the back of a comic book or possibly even the dreaded butterfly knife (by the order of badassitude, the wimpiest butterfly knife was always more dangerous than the wickedest hunting knife, by virtue of that spinny shit looking really cool.)

On rare occasion, you may have even known that one lucky child who possessed the ultimate weapon: a pair of red, hard-plastic nunchucks purchased from Ancient Chen, the revered weapons master who ran the convenience store across the street from the arcade, and stored them in their sacred place: a glass case next to some bongs.

For those of us who weren't lucky enough to be born rich and neglected, however, we had to build our arsenals ourselves: whittled stick swords with hand-guards stripped from the handlebars of our bicycles; crossbows painstakingly crafted from old tire irons and bungee cords; or that tried and true classic -- the extension cord whip. Of course, we all had our signature weapons as well. Mine was a golf club with the head knocked off. I would run the streets at night dragging it on the asphalt beside me so that it would leave trails of sparks. Of course, looking back now, it's easy to see that it was too light to be an effective bludgeon without the head on it. But that's because you are a fool, and you've already forgotten about Lesson #1 and how totally bitchin' it looks to run around leaving spark trails in your wake like a murderous Marty McFly.

nothing,my dad made sure i knew how much he didn't like me.he even used to take any money i got in b/day x/mass cards out of the cards before i got it.

that's sad bro. I would have given you one of my badass toys for sure.

My dad had a gunshop for a while so I got to shoot a full-auto MP5 when I was about 12. He also had an HK21 belt fed machine gun for a while but I never got to see it shoot.

A creek with lots of explorable land, across the street from my house.

Back in Junior High I had something called Sega Channel, which most people never even heard of and when I tell people it doesn't even sound real, it was so ahead of it's time.

SegaChannelAdapter.jpg

Z50AK0-1969USMarket.jpg

Got one of these bad bastards when I was 8. And a lifelong problem was born.

Best Transformers toy they made (in that generation).

It still chaps my ass that my best friend broke the shoulder 27 years ago.

I wanted that but I got rock lords instead. :icon_sad:

I almost bought one off e-bay for reallllllllly cheap (~7$) though but I got out bid in the last second. :mad:

I made myself a crossbow.

But nothing really, I had middle class parents while growing up in a rich area, seemed like everyone had more money and toys than than us, we didn't even have a tennis court or a boat.

I had one of those! It came from Spencer Gifts. It was one of the best toys I ever had. It got recalled though, because it had lead paint in it iirc. And I can't remember ever getting another one.

I did have some small, rubber Voltrons (the lion one and the car one) where all the pieces came apart. They stood about 6 inches tall, maybe? Anybody know what I'm talking about? Those were great.

And at one point I had a big plastic Voltron, it was like 3 feet tall, and had a remote control and would roll across the floor. You couldn't take apart the lions on that one, and the only thing it did was roll around, but it was just so damn big!

That must be the original version cud there's no way in tell my mom would have gotten me a toy with lead paint. That greatly affected my childhood. I looked it up and this is the exact one that I had: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0010...200_QL40&qid=1400471962&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

I can't believe it's going for 300, but the amount of fun I had throwing these things against the wall and having them fight my other toys was worth way more than that. I never found out how much my mom paid for it though...

Nope. my parents gave me everything I needed but rarely gave me the cool stuff I wanted.

Back