Did you have anything super cool when you were a kid?

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
My aunt gave me a stack of old photos last week and flipping through them I saw one that brought back awesome memories from my childhood... My father built us a fort in our backyard, and he wasn't messing around. The kids in my neighborhood had a blast in this thing for years.

This photo is from the mid-seventies, me and my brother (he's in the stocks).

jV64lKV3YTOFI.jpg

Inside there was a jail cell with real bars. Once in the winter, one of the kids managed to lock the local bully in using a bike chain lock and all the kids pelted him with snowballs. It was all fun and games, but eventually, someone had to let him out and of course it was me; it wasn't pretty.

How about you guys? Any insanely cool stuff?

There are three things that come to my mind when I try to remember the best things I had when I was a kid.

One was this:

outlaw.jpg

Then an expensive airsoft rifle

last is a bike

wish I had pictures of the last two.

Seriously, a wolf?

It was hard to accurately determine the animal's pedigree, as he came to our house looking for a meal. Many times larger than even the largest Huskies.

It was apparent the wolf had been in the company of people at some point in his life. No one in town(tiny Alaskan village) claimed him, so we kept him chained up for a while as our current dog wasn't doing his job of keeping other animals off the property. He was very gentle with my brothers and I. Despised anyone who smelled foreign.

I had a dog with a solid gold bone.

I had everything a kid could possibly want. Until my parent's got divorced, when I was 9...

No. I had a deadbeat dad, who skipped town and never paid an cent of child support.

I went from upper middle class, to the lower class.

Hence, my original post.

i asked my mom for a megazord toy for my bday. i think i was in like 5th grade (about 1997). she went to fao schwartz and they had none but came back with a die cast metal voltron. fuck yeah.

Bic lighter and matches.

I remember getting a basketball and thought it was badass.

Dad gave me a bb gun.

My grandparents had a real pool with a slide and a diving board, which was a big thing where I was from. Straight middle class but even the richies didn't have pools.

I got a go-cart for christmas one year.

Another year I got a bb gun which was awesome.

Those were about all I ever wanted as a kid.

had an inground pool which was pretty cool/rare among my friends.

had a fiberglass basketball net that i was proud of.

as for like smaller more unique things, i'd say my orange soccer ball with a built in pump, and a knife with a hollow handle containing a mini survival kit were pretty cool.

Back