Did you guys notice how fast Lombard was moving?

doomy200

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Most people sort of trash Lombard for the way he stands still and baits his opponents. They don't realize that is how Hector lays his traps.

You see, not a day goes by where people either praise or discredit Jon Jones for his huge reach and his use of it. What's so impressive to me about Lombard is he figured out a way to make his huge reach disadvantage work in his favor. Plus, like the title says, he was so quick last night.

Anyway, in his post fight interview, he said he has way more energy now, and feels like he was wasting his time at 185. Dude is a beast.

I must admit, i'm starting to dislike Lombard less.

Seems like he's a lot friendlier and more humble now.

Looked awesome last night, if he keeps the confidence up he'll be a threat at WW.

Its a crazy talented division though.

Looked awesome last night, if he keeps the confidence up he'll be a threat at WW.

To me, he seems real. He doesn't put on a fake personality, sort of the way people praise the Diaz bros for being 'real'. I think that's why he might rub people the wrong way.

Well he isn't fabricated or thought how to act infront of a camera, so yea i think that might turn ppl off. Strange how people like fake things for whatever reason.

To me, he seems real. He doesn't put on a fake personality, sort of the way people praise the Diaz bros for being 'real'. I think that's why he might rub people the wrong way.

yup, when you bash it out in Josh Barnett as a middleweight, then it's prolly real. He might be dinkish, but he does try to back it up.

He has always moved fast,he just gassed vs Okami and Boetsch got a gift.
I wonder what Lombards chin is like though,never gets hit much.

Lombard looked great, and fast.

That chin will be tested against CC and BIG RIGG. He is good, just not great and I highly doubt he can hang with the big dawgs at ww

Is that a Cain/Condit facemorph av?

He has always moved fast,he just gassed vs Okami and Boetsch got a gift.
I wonder what Lombards chin is like though,never gets hit much.

His chin is one thing people don't talk about. I've seen just about every one of his fights. (some are hard to find videos for) Basically I've seen all of his Bellator, UFC, and some other places and this is what I noticed...

He's never been in trouble. I mean never. I've never seen him get close to being submitted. He's never been hurt, rocked, dropped, etc...

His chin is one thing people don't talk about. I've seen just about every one of his fights. (some are hard to find videos for) Basically I've seen all of his Bellator, UFC, and some other places and this is what I noticed...

He's never been in trouble. I mean never. I've never seen him get close to being submitted. He's never been hurt, rocked, dropped, etc...

Yh exactly,like you said Ive never seen him in trouble at all.

Scary speed. Hope he can do better in WW.

is it just me or do his hooks not look very powerful? it looks like he just reaches out and touches people and they go down.

is it just me or do his hooks not look very powerful? it looks like he just reaches out and touches people and they go down.

Yeah, it's scary. The combination of power, instinct and accuracy that some just seem to have been born with.

I think most people overlook Lombard on Sherdog,
Sure he lost against boetch and okami. Imo the boetch fight was his, but his overall passiveness, standing around was frowned upon by the judges, perhaps because of the high expectations.

As people mention, he's never been in real trouble. He has an incredible record, even though the competition wasn't top notch, anything can happen in a fight.
He has 33 wins, 19 ko, 7 sub and 7 dec.
He has 4 losses all by decision. 2 of them split decisions. ( the recent ones )

Hector Lombard is a really cool guy, I think I heard it on some pre or post fight show, where Dana talked about him wearing UFC shirts and caps before his first fight.
I think he's just genuinely happy about fighting in the ufc, he just loves it.

First fight from Lombard in the UFC I've fully enjoyed.

But again, he destroyed an aging and on a downspiral Nate so let's see what he can do against a Top MW fighter again in a few months.

Lombard/Dong Bomb is the fight to make. It would look exactly like Okami/Lombard.

Yeah, it's scary. The combination of power, instinct and accuracy that some just seem to have been born with.

Exactly, and what I think is even more scary is that he barely hit marquardt that cleanly, nor palhares. Grazing shots, still they deliver such amazing power.
I can't wait for him to deliver a clean shot to someone in the ufc, they're gonna go down so damn hard.

Back