Did you guys like Eddie Murphy's "The Golden Child" from 1986?

Ace of Spade

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is it another fun classic 80's comedy... or a terrible 80's flop?

[YT]ikpJbsOyOMw[/YT]

How many of you guys knew that the "Golden Child" was actually a girl?

uPRlrRq.jpg

XVyWr1V.jpg

BWpuV56.jpg

Mind Blown!!!!

5OJk4iq.jpg

Last edited:
gotta say it was pretty forgettable, don't know how it did better at the box office than BTiLC

edit: well I guess Eddie was the man still, but meh movie

Eddie Murphy was arrested with a tranny prostitute that one time. That is the only thing I associate with him ever since.

I enjoyed it.

In also a big fan of 80s movies and music

Loved that film when I was a kid. Would still watch it. The leading lady was fun to watch.

I found it entertaining.

It's an 80s classic. Certainly not a great movie by any means but an enjoyable slice of hokum all the same.

I thought that movie sucked (outside of maybe a couple gags) at the time and would be shocked to find it holding up in any way shape or form.

oved The Golden Child as a kid, still love it. The Golden Child and Big Trouble in Little China were very frequent watches for myself, my brother and my dad when I was a kid, they were always on one of the local stations or cable.

Yep, enjoyed it and Charlotte Lewis was hot

I enjoyed, funny flick, 80's music and love the asian culture theme. Fun 80s flick.

Also, wow the golden child was a girl?

If it's the movie I'm thinking of, I haven't been able to look at porridge the same way since. I still eat it, but the first touch is always tentative.

Awesome and fun movie. Sigh I miss the 80s

I'm going with fun 80's classic.

If I'm channel surfing and come across The Golden Child... I'm probably going to watch it.

Fun movie.

I want the Knife.

Please.

[YT]/o50HHf9f_SQ[/YT]
It is one of those movies that I watch at least once a year if I can catch it. It wasnt the greatest movie but I relive a part of my childhood everytime I watch it.

I liked it.

I probably like Trading places the best though. Eddie was on point that movie. I still lol whenever I see the scene where he is rolling around on that cart, begging for money.

Holy shit. I had completely forgotten about that movie until I saw this thread, it's been at least 12 years since I've seen it. From what I remember, I enjoyed it and it's campiness. I actually might watch it this week again sometime. Thanks, TS.

Back