Did You Guys Actually See Fedor's Fights in Pride? #IgnoranceIsABliss

Oh don't be naive. New far or not a new fan, you should know better than that. That being said, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt granted you go out there and STUDY, and I use the word STUDY very very seriously here, the entire Pride back catalogue, buddy.

Seriously study...... old fights. Did you count stikes.... or...... what?

Here is something for you to study: More recent Fedor. Notice the changes from PRIDE.

kuTqohZ.gif

4.gif

5.gif

Seriously study, and I mean REALLY study these more recent fights, and you will see that he got old. This may shock you, since you appear to nit know that time has passed.

Seriously study...... old fights. Did you count stikes.... or...... what?

Here is something for you to study: More recent Fedor. Notice the changes from PRIDE.

kuTqohZ.gif

4.gif

5.gif

Seriously study, and I mean REALLY study these more recent fights, and you will see that he got old. This may shock you, since you appear to nit know that time has passed.
This question has already been addressed by yours truly in this very thread, buddy.

Oh I don't just watch the fights, I study them. I'm an academic so it's just a natural extension of that when it comes to watching the fight game. That being said I've been following The Lasts Emperors career since the beginning. Same goes with Pride itself and have since rewatched the whole back catalogue with a critical eye. Moreover, I have watched individual fights many many times and make no mistake about it because I know exactly what I'm looking for in terms of techniques and conditioning. Fedor WILL dominate the UFC and will be the champ very very soon.

LOL, maybe you should be his comeback fight then, oh wise and great one.

LOL, maybe you should be his comeback fight then, oh wise and great one.

Oh it'd be my honour to go toe to toe with The Emperor no question about it. And even though I can still throw down with reckless abandon, I'm afraid my fighting days are long gone, bro. Besides, the wife wouldn't like that one bit to say the least.

Having read through the entire thread. I wonder how TS is like in real life?

You want us to look at his fights in the context of the MMA landscape at the time as evidence of how he will be victorious in today's MMA landscape?

Yes, he was ahead of the curve at the time, but that was a different time. Fedor fought some great wrestlers at the time, but that was pretty much the only thing they were good at. Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman were strong wrestlers with knockout power, but could easily be submitted by Fedor, since he was a better grappler. If he fought a good HW wrestler today, like Cain, he would meet a guy who has a complete MMA game adapted to fight in a cage, with insane stamina.

The grapplers he fought at the time, like Nogueira and Arona could not threaten with much else. Frank Mir and Fabricio Werdum have much more to contribute with. Werdum already beat him by submission in 69 seconds, but also has the ability to punish him on the feet, and the conditioning to go hard for many rounds.

He fought some of the best crossover kickboxers in MMA at the time; Semmy Schilt, Cro Cop and Mark Hunt. Again, they did not have a complete MMA game, and the glaring holes in their games were easy for Fedor to find. Semmy and Mark had 0 ground game, and Cro Cop, although having good takedown defence at the time, was content with stalling in guard as the fight hit the ground. If you look at a good striker in today's MMA scene, like Junior Dos Santos, he has good wrestling/TDD and a (questionable) BJJ black belt. Mark Hunt himself has improved a lot since they first fought.

The sport has changed. Fedor has only four fights in a cage, where elbows were allowed. He has limited training in BJJ, prefering to use sambo and judo as his grappling base. Unlike other old fighters like Fabricio Werdum, Fedor has been reluctant to adapt his training methods. If he made a permanent move to Kings MMA, AKA, Jackson&Wink or something, he could do wonders. We all know he will never do this, and that will be his demise. Can he still win a few fights in the UFC today? Yes, I believe so. He can still be a great fighter, but he is not perfect. He will be undersized at HW, and will face guys with a more complete game who can take him out of his comfort zone.

Fedor never had a very solid fundamental base like for example Werdum has with BJJ. Fedor never was super sound technical wise.

His whole style was based on superb fighting instincts, super fast reaction times and overall insane athletic ability. While all HW moved like heavyweights Fedor was the only HW that moved like a middleweight and scrambled like a lightweight. Fedora in his prime was far far faster than Cain was/is in his prime.

He was like Roy Jones Jr. RJJ was never a great textbook boxer. Never. He had no solid jab. He fought with many lead hooks and lead crosses. Why? Because he could pull it off. He was able to do so by having unnatural fast reaction times and was gifted like nobody else. If your style is based on certain things and not on the technique of the sport itself you will face a lot problems once you get older.

Because these are the things which will drastically disappear with age. So Fedor will have the same problems RJJ has and won't be able to pull his old style off due to age factors.

On the other hand you have guys like werdum who embody pretty much the opposite. Not fast, not super athletic but a crazy BJJ base which is an art that doesn't require crazy that athletic skill.

Fedor never had a very solid fundamental base like for example Werdum has with BJJ. Fedor never was super sound technical wise.

His whole style was based on superb fighting instincts, super fast reaction times and overall insane athletic ability. While all HW moved like heavyweights Fedor was the only HW that moved like a middleweight and scrambled like a lightweight. Fedora in his prime was far far faster than Cain was/is in his prime.

He was like Roy Jones Jr. RJJ was never a great textbook boxer. Never. He had no solid jab. He fought with many lead hooks and lead crosses. Why? Because he could pull it off. He was able to do so by having unnatural fast reaction times and was gifted like nobody else. If your style is based on certain things and not on the technique of the sport itself you will face a lot problems once you get older.

Because these are the things which will drastically disappear with age. So Fedor will have the same problems RJJ has and won't be able to pull his old style off due to age factors.

On the other hand you have guys like werdum who embody pretty much the opposite. Not fast, not super athletic but a crazy BJJ base which is an art that doesn't require crazy that athletic skill.

Before I respond to ANY of this, bro, let me clear up the air just a little by asking 2 very very specific questions, okay? 1. Which major MMA event was the first one you saw? 2. When did you have your first fight?

My first MMA event which I followed as a real fan was Pride 23. From that event on I saw literally everything. Between 2004 and 2010 I watched nearly every event there was including nonsense like King of the Cage and other smaller shows.

My first MMA pro fight was in winter 2007.

I'm still active in training but I don't compete anymore. I'm confident that if I'd turn up my training I could compete on national amateur level in boxing.

Now it's your turn.

My first MMA event which I followed as a real fan was Pride 23. From that event on I saw literally everything. Between 2004 and 2010 I watched nearly every event there was including nonsense like King of the Cage and other smaller shows.

My first MMA pro fight was in winter 2007.

I'm still active in training but I don't compete anymore. I'm confident that if I'd turn up my training I could compete on national amateur level in boxing.

Now it's your turn.

UFC 3, brother. My fighting experience consists fully of hardcore street fisticuffs all over Eastern Europe, my man. And let me assure you, there are some bad dudes out there on the streets, man.

Anyone that puts # in their title is obviously an attention seeking idiot. TS is proof of that. The one odd thing is that it’s a 2010 account. Most people don’t take 5 years to turn into a troll. I think it's obvious by now he's full of shit and just instigating arguments.

Don't take my word for it, my man. I advise you, and I say this very very seriously, to go ahead and fire up that Fight Pass and watch ALL Pride events from start to finish including each and every fight available in chronological order and you'll see exactly what I mean when I say what I say about Fedor steamrolling the UFC.

shew... even all the bushidos?!?! lol

I didn't really get into UFC until 2011 so I haven't seen Fedor at all, but I've never given my uninformed opinion on the net before either.. Well I just bought Fightpass as TS suggested. I searched Fedor and watched the first fight there. Bigfoot Silva just tossed Fedor around like a ragdoll. Can't say I'm impressed so far and really don't understand the hype.

Fedor has been working in Public Service the last 3 years and not seriously training.

Fedor's last 3 opponents going back 4 or 5 years were wins but honestly, they were not current top competition at the time, the only time Fedor did not fight some of the best available.

Going back 5 or 6 years, Fedors last 3 top opponents were all loses, all by finish.

The current HWs Fedor and his fans are talking about facing, Werdum, etc. have all been fighting and seriously training this time, against the best competition available.

I've watched all fedor's fights from pride up til now, and some before that as well.

I do not know what Fedor's skills 5 or more years ago, with 3 years off not fighting and seriously training has to do with him now.

Its not easy to fight like he did after such a long career. Yes Fedor is only 38 but he has taken a lot of punishment over the years

Back