Did you find the Carmont fight boring?

georgwilhelm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana said he fell asleep...

I found it a really good fight in which Carmont dominated a very strong opponent. There was no finish but Carmont fought a technically brilliant fight and there was action all the time: no circling around, no pushing against the fence etc. Very strong and dominating performance by Carmont.

So what's wrong with Dana? Or is it my perception that is off?

youre just so much more evolved than us just bleed followers.

No, he really never progressed, he kept going for the same things that obviously did not work. He did not go for the finish, he went for points.

I was pretty interested in it. Mostly because I was surprised by how well Francis did. I thought Coata was gonna run Carmont over.

People act like grapplefucking a top 10 guy like he did is easy . Very few can do that .
Carmont does what he needs to do to win , and i'm not saying that because he's french and I am aswell.

Wouldn't watch it again, but his takedowns were very impressive... He needs to work on advancing positions so he can do more damage on the ground though.

I did not see the fight yet but I generally feel that Carmont is one of the worst fighters to watch in all of the UFC. To the point about "dominating a top 10 fighter," Costa is only a top 10 fighter because Boetsch injured himself in their fight. When Boetsch was still healthy in the 1st round, Tim took the round pretty easily. To anyone watching, it was plain as day that Tim was screwed after he hurt his hand. Costa didn't deserve the ranking that the win got him anymore than the "wins" Carmont has over Lawlor and Larkin.

Still alot of room for Carmont to improve, he gave a good fight yesterday.

Certainly not very good fight, but I agree that it wasn't really all that bad.

Glad that Carmont finally started to actually do something.

Great win for him and finally legit one.

I didn't enjoy it but I'm not going to go out of my way to bitch about it. Every fight can't be the best ever.

It was boring, very boring, the most boring fight of the night. The Blame doesn't lie 100% with Carmot since it takes 2 to have a miserable fight. But Carmot fought a safe fight, took little to no risk, and never attempted nor was close to a finish.

he is trying to GSP/GnP to distance.

I don't think that's boring because I would love to try to beat up guys like that(I can't:p)

Guys who try to play safe like that before they are champions seems to be taking more risk than those swing for the fence guys.

I mean, look at Jon Fitch:(.

i wouldnt seek out any of his future fights, having him on a card wouldnt make me want to watch it and if i saw him come up on unleashed, id switch the channel and come back after

I only watched the first round before I knew how things would play out. He didn't seem too hungry for a finish.

Carmont did a great job I liked the fight...His GSP style takedowns were impressive too...

Wasn't an awful fight but I certainly wouldn't watch it again.

Reis vs Menjivar was an example of an awful fight.

Yep. Carmont's always pretty boring to be honest, unless he's fighting someone who isn't UFC calibre like Vemola, then it gets messy/fun.

Saying that, he finally deserved to win a decision and did his job - we can safely say, also, that Philippou is not and never was a legit contender at 185lbs. Good fighter but far too weak in the grappling department to make waves.

Back