Did you count Gastelum's knock down against Adesanya?

He got hit and his hand touched the floor so yeah it counts.

UFC stats.com (the new fight metric I guess) has the knockdowns 4-0 for Adesanya but the commentators seemed convinced Gastelum legit knocked him down. It didn't really seem like a legit knockdown to me though, what do you guys think?
It was a knockdown but I think Adesanya lost his footing as he tried to stray/evade. If a fighter gets punched and go to evade at the same time and trip over your own foot thats likely gonna be a knock down, doesnt mean your legs gave out. Israels legs didnt go thats for sure.

Yes it was a pretty clear KD.

Unless your ass or back touches the mat, it is never a knockdown.

In boxing it ruled as a knockdwnif a part of ypur body, other than the feet, touches the ground. I'd need to see it agian, but I thought Ade held himself up on the cage and his hands didn;t touch the ground. MAybe his butt did, but I don't remember that.
Pretty sure his hand went down

He got knocked down, but he collapsed backwards into the fence, meaning he ended on his knees instead of his backside. If there was no cage, he would be down.
His knees never hit the ground. He steadied himself on his right hand. He would've hit the ground most likely if the cage wasn't there, but he never did hit the ground with anything but his right hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back