Did UFC move Holly to 145 at Ronda request?

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this. I wonder if Ronda requested/demanded that Holly not be around if she was going to come back to fight. 145 is the single worst division in MMA. There is literally no depth and is almost entirely made up of girls who just don't cut to 135 despite easily being able to. UFC really has no reason to make this division otherwise right now.I usually wouldn't put this on a fighter, but from everything that Ronda has done and said with the hiding behind a pillow, running away for a year, suicidal thoughts, even getting angry at people for saying anything nice about Holly(PVZ,Rogan). I could see her having some kind of PTSD anytime she sees Holly; she was on top of the world until she put her to sleep and just about ruined her life.

Just some food for thought.

As much as I've enjoyed that knockout (boy, I really did), I really believe Rousey would beat Holly this time around. Sadly.

I am just glad
As much as I've enjoyed that knockout (boy, I really did), I really believe Rousey would beat Holly this time around. Sadly.

Holly is too calm and methodical for Rondas so called style...

I doubt it. Holly lost her last 2 fights and jump on a chance to fight for the belt in new division. I belive that if Ronda wanted duck Holly, UFC would allow her to do so, without moving her to other division.

I thought the story was that Dana loves Ronda so much he needs to make it so she has 2 belts.

I think holly lost a few thats probably why she moved up.

It's more likely that the UFC are hoping Ronda and Holly both win so they can do a big money Champ vs Champ rematch

Yeah, because Holly has looked so amazing.

Jesus these conspiracy theories are pathetic.

Ronda will nevery beat holly as long as she trains with Edmund Retardverdian.

I thought the story was that Dana loves Ronda so much he needs to make it so she has 2 belts.

I thought along these lines. I could see the planning going into this. Say Holly and Ronda both get titles, super fight where Ronda fights for the 145 strap. She wins it, becoming the 2nd person to do so (1st woman of course). Then, saying she feels she has more to do in the 135 division, vacates the 145 title.

Its clean, $$$ for marketability, and she doesn't have to defend against Cyborg. It puts her back on the "top" and Dana can go back to saying she can beat up every dude on the roster.

I thought along these lines. I could see the planning going into this. Say Holly and Ronda both get titles, super fight where Ronda fights for the 145 strap. She wins it, becoming the 2nd person to do so (1st woman of course). Then, saying she feels she has more to do in the 135 division, vacates the 145 title.

Its clean, $$$ for marketability, and she doesn't have to defend against Cyborg. It puts her back on the "top" and Dana can go back to saying she can beat up every dude on the roster.

The only problem is she won't beat Holly.

Ronda is way to shook by Holly to ever beat her if she trains with Edmund. I think Julia would beat the snot out of Ronda and the UFC knew what they were doing when they didn't make that fight happen. Julia would have dragged Ronda into a miserable state of mind with a lack of self esteem by the time fight night came around. I want that fight to happen so badly. Julia and Ronda was the big money maker for the Ronda return and the UFC totally blew it.

The only problem is she won't beat Holly.

Its possible. Probably not likely, but possible. But look at it from the marketing side. They want her back on the marquee and this is the way to do it.

Or, I could just be imagining things. Seeing shadows where there aren't any. Who knows? I don't even think she can beat Pena, honestly.

I was just thinking about this. I wonder if Ronda requested/demanded that Holly not be around if she was going to come back to fight. 145 is the single worst division in MMA. There is literally no depth and is almost entirely made up of girls who just don't cut to 135 despite easily being able to. UFC really has no reason to make this division otherwise right now.I usually wouldn't put this on a fighter, but from everything that Ronda has done and said with the hiding behind a pillow, running away for a year, suicidal thoughts, even getting angry at people for saying anything nice about Holly(PVZ,Rogan). I could see her having some kind of PTSD anytime she sees Holly; she was on top of the world until she put her to sleep and just about ruined her life.

Just some food for thought.
I haven't heard a worse conspiracy theory in my life.

Back