Did Triple C Send Dominic Cruz Back to the Prelims?

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Check out the UFC 259 card and bout order.

Dominic Cruz went from a TS to now being on the prelims against Casey Kenney.

Seems kinda harsh. <{cruzshake}>

I'm not totally surprised because the main card is stacked!

Islam is obviously on the main card, even ahead of top 5 LHWs Santos and Rakic. That's what Dober meant when he said he wanted to take the Islam fight for exposure because Islam is an A-Lister who brings a lot of eyes and fans to watch.

They have to put the 3 title shots at the top, then Islam and Dober are next.

Screenshot_20210225-184304_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cruz is on the last stage of his career, and is being used to prop up rising contenders. He may deserve a better spot on the card, but maybe UFC are afraid of him getting injured and creating a hole on the main card - or maybe his contract is up and they want to bury him on the undercard (like they did with Pettis).

Some guys would rather be the "main event" on the prelims than just be a fight on the main card. As much as I can't stand him Dom seems like a pretty smart guy so I'm sure he made his decision for a good reason.

He is the decisionator after all.
tenor (61).gif

Well apparently he doesn’t have an ego.

Prelim main event > bottom two PPV spots. Hasn't this talked about a lot already in many threads?

Some guys would rather be the "main event" on the prelims than just be a fight on the main card. As much as I can't stand him Dom seems like a pretty smart guy so I'm sure he made his decision for a good reason.

View attachment 836293
This. The main event for prelim is a spotlight fight. For the people that don't purchase the PPV that fight is their main event. You want to fill that space with top talent or fighters with a fan base/hype.

Keith Peterson did.

EXv2w7DWkAAxZjJ.jpg

Lol @ some of the replies. It's crazy how Aljo and Yan didn't protest to be the "main event" of the Prelims instead of being middle of the PPV card

Sometimes i see some puzzling card placements in the UFC, I feel like there's often shit happens behind the scenes, someone pissing off Sean Shelby or something.

Lol @ some of the replies. It's crazy how Aljo and Yan didn't protest to be the "main event" of the Prelims instead of being middle of the PPV card

I guess you don’t realize more people will see the Cruz fight than your hero. The numbers don’t lie, and according to research I did a couple of years ago. The prelim card always
has more viewers than the ppv portion.

Because it’s free on tv.

for the last freaking time:
headlining the prelims is a "thing".
you shouldn't be allowed to post if you don't know basic shit like that, casuals.

I guess you don’t realize more people will see the Cruz fight than your hero. The numbers don’t lie, and according to research I did a couple of years ago. The prelim card always
has more viewers than the ppv portion.

Because it’s free on tv.

Everyone on the main card must be pissed that they didn't get the top spot on the prelims!

View attachment 836293

I agree. Prelim headliner is better than being on main card if you aren't the main event in a lot of ways. It will be the fight which has the highest viewership of the whole card. If you want to make a statement and you can't be main event there is no better spot. UFC always wants to make sure this fight is good because it is a converter to make people want to continue watching the main event.

Dominic Cruz went from a TS to now being on the prelims against Casey Kenney.

Seems kinda harsh. <{cruzshake}>

I'm a Cruz fan and advocate myself, but dominick hasn't won a fight since 2016. I think he can fight on the prelim main event for tv exposure. It's not like he was ever a huge draw to begin with.

Everyone on the main card must be pissed that they didn't get the top spot on the prelims!

Urijah faber used to specifically ask to fight in this position so the most people would be able to see his fight.

View attachment 836293
Lol at Dom is a smart guy.
That talking low and sounding assured got you, huh?

Lol at Dom is a smart guy.
That talking low and sounding assured got you, huh?
I avoid listening to him talk as much as possible but I don't think anyone considers him dumb. He is somewhat quick with his trash talk.

Back