Did Tony Fergusons stock drop in your eyes, after seeing what McGregor did to Cowboy?

Let's see ... Lmao
12 win streak vs 1-1 at lightweight
Fucking lol imagine if Conor had to fight legit top lightweights 12 times. What would his record be? 6-6 or 7-5 at best

Nope. Not even a little. Tonys won 12 straight fights. He goes to war and leaves guys looking like hamburger meat. No single win defines him but his entire resume does.

Well no because the conor fight was fixed and the tony fight wasn't

You sound like me, except I am in my 50s :cool:

I agree Tony Ferguson is the real deal. One of the few fighters who get stronger and stronger as time goes on.

However, I disagree with your analysis of Tony as being like Nate. I see the similarities, but there are differences.

Nate Diaz is a much tougher fighter than Tony Ferguson, chin-wise. He does not usually get dropped easily. Both tend to gain momentum as the fight wears on, both are excellent grapplers, but I think Tony Ferguson has 10 times the fight IQ of Nate Diaz, and is always looking to finish, wheres Diaz just bludgeons people repeatedly. Sometimes Diaz finishes, but he is not specifically looking for a decisive finish, at all times, like Tony is.

On the other hand, Tony Ferguson is China-chinned compared to Nate Diaz, IMO. I think he and Conor would make an awesome fight, guaranteed not to go the distance.

It's a 50-50 fight, and if Tony gets dropped by Conor early I don't think he's going to recover. Conor is himself highly-intelligent, as well as a much more dangerous striker than Petis, Lee, and some of the other front-runners who have "dropped Tony" but failed to finish. Conor is extremely strong early, and hits like a mule, and he could starch Tony Ferguson, especially if he catches him early and somewhat cold.

I think it is every bit as realistic to believe Tony would get KTFO by Conor ... as it is to believe he could survive early, and finished Conor later. Although Nate Diaz put pressure on Conor later, it is not as amplified as the pressure that Tony Ferguson puts out. A tired Conor would get absolutely steamrolled by a late-round Tony Ferguson, he would not be allowed to get off the hook as Diaz allowed him to. Ferguson's pressure is much more relentless and serious than Diaz', IMO.

It would be an exciting fight from moment to finish, that's for sure.
Diaz gassed himself out trying to finish Conor in the 3rd, which is why he lost the 4th. Conor did nothing but stall and get enough points but nate literally did nothing but walk forward

No. Conor just has more power than Ferguson.

It's all about matchups.

Conor can KO Cowboy faster than Ferg did but that doesn't necessarily mean he can KO Ferg. Ferg has great durability and cardio and could possibly outlast him.

Conor vs Ferg would be an awesome fight that could go either way
Striking power doesn’t mean much when you’re in a D’arce choke.

Nope.

Cowboy had a fast turn around from getting knocked out by Gaethje last October.

El Cucuy wrecks Conor. Gaethje wrecks Conor.

Khabib, more than likely, wrecks them all.

Book it, Just Bleed God! Deliver us!!

Thanks OP for reminding me of this fight after the nightmare that was last night.

The Cowboy Tony fought was not on a 2 fight losing streak by TKOs.
Actually, Cowboy lost 5 of his last 10 by the end of his fight with Ferg. It was 7 months ago and the only thing that changed is he fought a much harder hitter yesterday.

Its almost like Conor intentionally picked a guy coming off two stoppage losses on purpose ....

No rematch needed

tumblr_pg8g1yxXj81rofocqo1_400.gifv

Conor03.gif

Khabib vs Tony will be the biggest fight in UFC history
By what metric? Do casuals have any idea who Ferguson is? And of those of us on here who do know the man what percentage of people will actually pay for PPV? I'd imagine the number is quite low. Unless the rest of the card is stacked not sure that fight is doing over 1 mill ppv buys tbh.

Tony Ferguson had a competitive fight vs Cowboy with a victory that many said deserved another go. McGregor beat Cowboy so bad, people are saying it was a fix. One has to wonder if Tony Armand Ferguson is all that stellar or is a product of luck?
McGregor had the benefit of fighting a Cerrone who'd lost his last two fights by TKO; they softened that chin for McGregor.

Nah Conor would gas and get choked out.

And...whatever. Either a Conor dickrider or Tony hater. Whichever, don't care. You're irrelevant either way.

Conor would easily KO sloppy ass, poor defense Tony who has terrible balance while throwing poor punches. Why else do you think Tony gets knocked down 3x in every fight? Easy KO wn for Conor.

Let's see ... Lmao
12 win streak vs 1-1 at lightweight
Fucking lol imagine if Conor had to fight legit top lightweights 12 times. What would his record be? 6-6 or 7-5 at best
That badly? Looking at Tony's list of opponents in his winning streak Conor would arguably start against favorite of all of them. Think Kevin Lee would have been his toughest opponent but his chin is definitely capable of getting cracked. RDA probably would be a tough out too.

Like he KO'd a much worse version of Tony (Nate)? Oh wait...
He beat Nate the last time they fought. Tony has never beat Nate (particularly at WW) or ever avenged any of his many losses, Conor has.

Back