Did Tony Fergusons stock drop in your eyes, after seeing what McGregor did to Cowboy?

Weird. It’s almost like you’re saying that the fact that Tony actually fought his way to the top, proves that he doesn’t deserve to be there...
Dude and how innocuously he put it bruh. The audacity

Tony Ferguson had a competitive fight vs Cowboy with a victory that many said deserved another go. McGregor beat Cowboy so bad, people are saying it was a fix. One has to wonder if Tony Armand Ferguson is all that stellar or is a product of luck?

He beat Cowboy, who was exposed as a can.
EOHWsR9XUAIF8TD.0.jpeg

He beat Pettis who after a decade of fighting still can't grapple.
AcceptableIllustriousAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

He beat Kevin Lee would have beat him easily if he had a training camp and no staph infection.
giphy.gif

These are all highly questionable wins. Wins that doesn't make you say, this guy is not to be fucked with. Every fan of Ferguson I meet seems to be a part-time server with a chip on their shoulder. They don't know real MMA. He's no dominant champ, never was, and when Khabib exposes him, people are going to focus on things that really matter, like the Conor vs Khabib rematch.
Thinly veiled let's shit on Tony thread. Nice try ts. All that matters is he's fighting for the title, whether you like it or not, regardless of stock.

I'm a Ferguson fan in my 40's who likely could buy and sell you with the money in my couch cushions. So now you know one who's not a part time server, you're welcome.

You sound like me, except I am in my 50s :cool:

I agree Tony Ferguson is the real deal. One of the few fighters who get stronger and stronger as time goes on.

However, I disagree with your analysis of Tony as being like Nate. I see the similarities, but there are differences.

Nate Diaz is a much tougher fighter than Tony Ferguson, chin-wise. He does not usually get dropped easily. Both tend to gain momentum as the fight wears on, both are excellent grapplers, but I think Tony Ferguson has 10 times the fight IQ of Nate Diaz, and is always looking to finish, wheres Diaz just bludgeons people repeatedly. Sometimes Diaz finishes, but he is not specifically looking for a decisive finish, at all times, like Tony is.

On the other hand, Tony Ferguson is China-chinned compared to Nate Diaz, IMO. I think he and Conor would make an awesome fight, guaranteed not to go the distance.

It's a 50-50 fight, and if Tony gets dropped by Conor early I don't think he's going to recover. Conor is himself highly-intelligent, as well as a much more dangerous striker than Petis, Lee, and some of the other front-runners who have "dropped Tony" but failed to finish. Conor is extremely strong early, and hits like a mule, and he could starch Tony Ferguson, especially if he catches him early and somewhat cold.

I think it is every bit as realistic to believe Tony would get KTFO by Conor ... as it is to believe he could survive early, and finished Conor later. Although Nate Diaz put pressure on Conor later, it is not as amplified as the pressure that Tony Ferguson puts out. A tired Conor would get absolutely steamrolled by a late-round Tony Ferguson, he would not be allowed to get off the hook as Diaz allowed him to. Ferguson's pressure is much more relentless and serious than Diaz', IMO.

It would be an exciting fight from moment to finish, that's for sure.

Tony Ferguson had a competitive fight vs Cowboy with a victory that many said deserved another go. McGregor beat Cowboy so bad, people are saying it was a fix. One has to wonder if Tony Armand Ferguson is all that stellar or is a product of luck?

EOHWsR9XUAIF8TD.0.jpeg

He beat Kevin Lee would have beat him easily if he had a training camp and no staph infection.
giphy.gif

These are all highly questionable wins. Wins that doesn't make you say, this guy is not to be fucked with. Every fan of Ferguson I meet seems to be a part-time server with a chip on their shoulder. They don't know real MMA. He's no dominant champ, never was, and when Khabib exposes him, people are going to focus on things that really matter, like the Conor vs Khabib rematch.
No MMA math.

Dude styles make fights....cerone is a perfect matchup for the irish weasel....thats why he selectively picked him out. You can't use this for your mma math.

I believe Khabib beats tony...but show Ferguson some respect the man is on a 12 fight winning streak....

Tony has that win streak so his record looks amazing on paper (and it is) but people who have actually seen all those fights know that Tony's lost rounds against a lot of mid-level guys that McGregor and Khabib would absolutely smoke.

EOHWsR9XUAIF8TD.0.jpeg

giphy.gif

This is a complete and utter troll job. Nuff said.

Tony has that win streak so his record looks amazing on paper (and it is) but people who have actually seen all those fights know that Tony's lost rounds against a lot of mid-level guys that McGregor and Khabib would absolutely smoke.

McGregor hasn't even scratched the surface in ufcs LW or WW divisions. The fuck are you guys even going off about?Cerrone gimme fight has a lot of people on cloud 9 riding high, forgetting cerrone got tkod his last two fights and forgetting the pummeling khabib laid on conor. I'm not here to disrespect the guy, but you guys are falling victim to the ufc hype machine yet again. Let him face some solid top 5ers in either division, then talk.

EOHWsR9XUAIF8TD.0.jpeg

giphy.gif

You’re well on your way to taking the number 2 shittiest poster on Sherdog spot from D1. Congratulations.

Maybe a tiny bit, but on the bigger scale it barely registered.
We can't be so fickle that we make any major changes to or rating of a fighter based on subsequent losses of their opponents multiple fights later.

I mean, after Khabib beat Iaquinta - did people think Khabib's stock should've risen dramatically as Iaquinta beat Kevin Lee, only to drop dramatically again after Iaquinta lost to Cowboy and Hooker?
I hope not.
Maybe it changed ever so slightly, but in the whole of things that change should've been insignificant.

Last edited:
No. Ferguson doesn't have the same speed or power. Completely different fighter.

Fergusons chin would not hold up against Mcgregor however. I doubt it would last 30 sec much less 40.

Nah, he's drastically underrated by the mouth breathing Conor ball lickers. (See: you).

Tony is shit man get with it

Any fool can go 12 fight win streaks in the hottest division while butchering faces

Personally I think Tony and Khabib are bums!

You sound like me, except I am in my 50s :cool:

I agree Tony Ferguson is the real deal. One of the few fighters who get stronger and stronger as time goes on.

However, I disagree with your analysis of Tony as being like Nate. I see the similarities, but there are differences.

Nate Diaz is a much tougher fighter than Tony Ferguson, chin-wise. He does not usually get dropped easily. Both tend to gain momentum as the fight wears on, both are excellent grapplers, but I think Tony Ferguson has 10 times the fight IQ of Nate Diaz, and is always looking to finish, wheres Diaz just bludgeons people repeatedly. Sometimes Diaz finishes, but he is not specifically looking for a decisive finish, at all times, like Tony is.

On the other hand, Tony Ferguson is China-chinned compared to Nate Diaz, IMO. I think he and Conor would make an awesome fight, guaranteed not to go the distance.

It's a 50-50 fight, and if Tony gets dropped by Conor early I don't think he's going to recover. Conor is himself highly-intelligent, as well as a much more dangerous striker than Petis, Lee, and some of the other front-runners who have "dropped Tony" but failed to finish. Conor is extremely strong early, and hits like a mule, and he could starch Tony Ferguson, especially if he catches him early and somewhat cold.

I think it is every bit as realistic to believe Tony would get KTFO by Conor ... as it is to believe he could survive early, and finished Conor later. Although Nate Diaz put pressure on Conor later, it is not as amplified as the pressure that Tony Ferguson puts out. A tired Conor would get absolutely steamrolled by a late-round Tony Ferguson, he would not be allowed to get off the hook as Diaz allowed him to. Ferguson's pressure is much more relentless and serious than Diaz', IMO.

It would be an exciting fight from moment to finish, that's for sure.

So my comparison of Tony and Nate was in a very general sense. Meaning both are long, durable guys with great cardio and bjj.

As for toughness, "chin-wise" kinda means nothing to me really. Tony gets knocked down maybe a bit more, but he's really only ever been hurt twice (Pettis and Lando) and he came back to finish both shortly thereafter. And remember, Conor did actually drop Nate 2-3 times in their second fight, so Nate will go down too. Like Tony, he's tough to finish (though I'd point out that when each was hit by a flush head kick, one survived and stopped his opponent soon after, and the other was finished by the follow up--Thomson put Nate away). So the "toughness" thing...I'd disagree that Nate is tougher in any way really.

Lee "dropping" Tony meant literally nothing, rewatch that silly knockdown. Tony was off balance with a naked kick and literally popped up the instant he hit the mat. Conor knocking him down like that would mean zero as well, as there wouldn't even be time for follow up and Tony wasn't even remotely hurt. It was as much a slip as anything. As for Pettis, he rarely sits down on his punches but when he does he obviously can crack. Wonderboy had never been KO'd until Pettis flatlined him. The punch Pettis landed on Tony was full force, on the button. And Tony was hurt, but recovered quickly and we know what happened.

I don't think it's realistic at all to think it's likely that Conor could put Tony away. He couldn't with Nate when he dropped him multiple times, and Tony recovers faster than Nate does and has the same grappling ability to buy time if needed. In addition, when Nate was getting into early exchanges with Conor he was landing but not doing damage. Tony ruins faces. So when Conor eats those jabs, elbows, etc. vs Tony it's very likely that Conor fades even faster than he would vs others.

I just don't think there's evidence that Conor has this massive, fight ending power above 145. He had to knock Alvarez down 3 times to finish. Last night Cowboy didn't want to be in there to begin with, and really quit once his nose was broken. Conor still didn't put him out cold or anything with the follow up either. Meanwhile people give Tony shit for being dropped by Pettis, but between Pettis and Conor, only Pettis has a stone cold flat KO on his record above 145 (and again, vs a top tier guy who had never been KO'd despite eating clean shots from someone like Woodley).

Am I saying it's impossible Conor could beat Tony at 155 or 170? No. Conor is skilled, he'd have a shot of course. Nothing is a sure thing. But most of the evidence suggests he'd be in big trouble in that fight.

Tony is a volume striker, he's looking to hurt you and cut you up over however long the fight takes. Conor is a sprinter, a power punches looking to put you away as quickly as possible. It makes sense they won the way they did against cowboy. Cowboy also has taken a lot of damage especially recently. I don't think the out come would be different against conor but it would at least look a little bit more impressive vs finishing a cowboy who's been getting brutally beat on.

Back