Did Thiago Silva break Rafael Feijao?

mohummad hassan

formerwrestlerturnedboxer22
Banned
Reaction score
Rafael Cavalcante has not looked the same since his knockout loss to Thiago. Also, on a side note Thiago Silva is also on decline lol

I don't know what happened but he certainly seems to have lost alot of willpower. OSP could barely move and still beat him

If you go all the way back to his fight with Hendo, he looked extremely tentative, almost like the thought of being hit dissuaded him a lot more than your average fighter. He comes from a tough camp, but he's got that Phil Davis-itis in the cage, where he looks like he's terrified of being hit. I think losing a few times by TKO/KO can only enhance that fear.

But when was he good though? When has he ever looked top 15 or maybe even 20 for that matter. He always came in looking soft and out of shape. If he didn't get the KO quick in his fights he would look real discouraged. I think he has a tedency to quit and therfore i could care less about Feijao

drug-testing-101.jpg

He always had a "weak" mental to me, being discouraged pretty fast when fight don't go his way ( KO/TKO in the first 2 )
Losses certainly didn't help since then for sure..

He was looking good up until he failed the drug test and was suspended. Hendo can knock out anyone, and he got Hendo pretty good, himself. Also knocked out Kyle in the rematch, King Mo, and Romero. How you can say he wasn't a top 15-20 fighter back then is beyond me...

Hendo broke him, dude was a beast before coming off impressive wins over green Yoel Romero & King Mo haha. But yeah that fight with Thiago Silva was badass but Silva alpha'd him pretty hard

But when was he good though? When has he ever looked top 15 or maybe even 20 for that matter. He always came in looking soft and out of shape.

Yeesh, you are some kind of incorrect on all fronts. Feijao was an absolute specimen during his Strikeforce days, but injuries, age, and getting busted for failed piss tests have taken their toll on him. He's shot now, but the Feijao that beat King Mo and won the LHW strap was absolutely looked on as a Top 10 LHW back in the day... because he was. You must not have been paying attention back then. Bottom line, Feijao was a beast up until he made the move to the UFC in 2012 (and pissed hot).

I had to bump a thread that didn't involve McG.

He knocked the Gay Jesus out of Romero, that was pretty impressive

Yeesh, you are some kind of incorrect on all fronts. Feijao was an absolute specimen during his Strikeforce days, but injuries, age, and getting busted for failed piss tests have taken their toll on him. He's shot now, but the Feijao that beat King Mo and won the LHW strap was absolutely looked on as a Top 10 LHW back in the day... because he was. You must not have been paying attention back then. Bottom line, Feijao was a beast up until he made the move to the UFC in 2012 (and pissed hot).

I was a huge fan of strikeforce an

Oh wow that's pretty cool and all but is till disagree completely. That guy is straight booty and gives up the second the fight doesnt go his way. King Mo is not a good example to use either. Raph is too reliant on throwing bombs and he;s never been in shape ever. Not a guy worth mentioning in the grand scheme of mma. He will get forgotten forever one day in the future.

Oh wow that's pretty cool and all but is till disagree completely. That guy is straight booty and gives up the second the fight doesnt go his way. King Mo is not a good example to use either. Raph is too reliant on throwing bombs and he;s never been in shape ever. Not a guy worth mentioning in the grand scheme of mma. He will get forgotten forever one day in the future.

And? The vast majority of people aren't going to be exceptional at their job.......that's why being exceptional is exceptional. Nothing to be ashamed of in being a Tim Boetch or Cole Miller type. He was however absolutely top 10 or 15 around / before the Henderson fight though. If not , what 15 guys were better.

The fact that you phrase it the way you do.....so dismissively and condescending is weird. Guy screw your girl or something?

No, it's the best example I can come up with to disprove your statement that he was always a soft body and never in shape. Hell, that fight wasn't going his way from the jump but he kept with it and finished Lawal in savage fashion. Get on Fightpass, watch the fight, and see how wrong your original statement was. The guy was one of the most jacked LHW's in history before he lost his fire and, while I agree he wasn't the most mentally stable fighter in MMA history, the offense he dished out from the clinch with his knees and his monstrous right hand and left hook absolutely made him one of the most dangerous fighters in MMA about 6 years ago and he was absolutely a Top 10 LHW.

People that hang off Yoel's nuts seem to forget this ass whipping, I too came to remind them.
Ass whipping? The fight had hardly any action and Romero was winning the fight until the missed head kick into spinning back fist for Feijao.

Ass whipping? The fight had hardly any action and Romero was winning the fight until the missed head kick into spinning back fist for Feijao.
You should rematch, it was boring but Yoel was not winning and seemed scared shitless.

No, it's the best example I can come up with to disprove your statement that he was always a soft body and never in shape. Hell, that fight wasn't going his way from the jump but he kept with it and finished Lawal in savage fashion. Get on Fightpass, watch the fight, and see how wrong your original statement was. The guy was one of the most jacked LHW's in history before he lost his fire and, while I agree he wasn't the most mentally stable fighter in MMA history, the offense he dished out from the clinch with his knees and his monstrous right hand and left hook absolutely made him one of the most dangerous fighters in MMA about 6 years ago and he was absolutely a Top 10 LHW.
He's just one step down from being another Paulo Fihlo type guy. Damn shame

Back