Did the UFC make 125 males so 135 wasn't the lowest weight class?

No. Malnourishment makes 125 pound males.

The average height of a man in the U.S. is 5'9". There are plenty of 6'2"-6'5" men, so that means there are a lot of 5'4"-5'1" guys as well, guys that could be very athletic and lean. Don't you think they'd weigh around 140-150? I think the UFC could make an atom weight division if they get popular enough and fill it with stacked talent.

Do you work in horse racing?

Out of hundreds of co-workers and acquaintances I've known exactly 2 male adults in the last 30 years that were 5 1/2 feet tall.
(Neither of them was 135, but maybe the 150ish walk weight of a BW)

5'6" is not that uncommon... and comparing the weight of the average american couch potato to that of athletes in peak physical condition is ridiculous.

Nearly all people in the world would be lightweights or lower if they dropped enough fat to be 10% body fat or lower, like a typical UFC fighter is.

No. Malnourishment makes 125 pound males.

Dodson-vs-Dillashaw-TUF14_2626.jpg

Yep, definitely looks malnourished to me. Someone, quick get him a cheeseburger. :rolleyes:

Dustin Poirier is a perfect example of the size of an average american male if he were a pro fighter IMO.

I walk around the mid 130's and am 5'6. If I cut weight, I would be a 125er. Do you mean to say people walking around 125 is rare? Those of us that don't lift weights and are short can make 125 relatively easily.

So Ronda can drop down when she feels like shes ready to take on a 125'er male.

Back