Did the UFC let Jarred Brooks Go?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Many probably don't know him but he's the guy who gave Jose Torres a brief moment of popularity by slamming Jose and knocking himself out. He was 2-2 in the UFC, one loss being the slam and the other a split decision to Figgy. Left the UFC to One off a win and is now fighting for the One title this weekend. I don't remember his departure but if they cut him that was a mistake. He was only 24 years old when he took Figgy to a splitty. Especially how shallow the Fly division is I think he would be a top 10 guy.

He's 2-2 and now in ONE but your asking if they let him go?

I mean I guess it could be like a Burgos situation. They def fucked up there.

He was cut during the great flyweight cull when they were going to get rid of the division. Left on a win so probably wouldn't have been cut ordinarily and should have been brought back when he absolutely smashed Victor Altamirano who's in the UFC now.

He was let go around the same time as Brandon Moreno for reference.

Matheus Nicolau who's top 10 was also let go then along with other people that should really still be there like Dustin Ortiz and Shorty Torres.

I really hated when they cut or stopped using Ivan Sallaverry over one boring fight with Nate the Great.

That dude was AWESOME,and way advanced for the time. I think he just started focusing on teaching and got inactive and wasnt as good anymore. Everyone should watch his fights with Fryklund and Riggs.

Yeah, the UFC does stupid shit like that all the time. Take Brendan Loughnane for example, very good action fighter who wasn't good enough in Dana's "expert" opinion (Dana fucked up good). Lucky for Brendan it was for the better and now he's a millionaire, that's the UFC's lose. Same goes for Jarred Brooks, he'll make more money in One FC rather than fighting for the You Fight Cheap Championship.

Yeah, the UFC does stupid shit like that all the time. Take Brendan Loughnane for example, very good action fighter who wasn't good enough in Dana's "expert" opinion (Dana fucked up good). Lucky for Brendan it was for the better and that's the UFC's lose. Same goes for Jarred Brooks, he'll make more money in One FC rather than fighting for the You Fight Cheap Championship.

In the case of Loughnane I think if the media hadn't made such a big deal out of it he'd have got a short notice call like DWCS winners usually do. I think everyone throwing shit at him for it made him not want to sign Brendan on principle.

In the case of Loughnane I think if the media hadn't made such a big deal out of it he'd have got a short notice call like DWCS winners usually do. I think everyone throwing shit at him for it made him not want to sign Brendan on principle.
If that's the case then Brendan can thank Dana and the media, it was definitely to his benefit the way things played out imo. Lol

If that's the case then Brendan can thank Dana and the media, it was definitely to his benefit the way things played out imo. Lol

Financially for sure, though when I hear him talk about it it still feels like there's a part of him that wants to be a UFC fighter.

I really hated when they cut or stopped using Ivan Sallaverry over one boring fight with Nate the Great.

That dude was AWESOME,and way advanced for the time. I think he just started focusing on teaching and got inactive and wasnt as good anymore. Everyone should watch his fights with Fryklund and Riggs.
His destruction of Semenov (sp) was very entertaining.

Reactions: HHJ
He was kind of a douche IIRC. Decent fighter though.
Quite the douche. A big twitter fighter first off, even before he got to the UFC, was just picking fights everywhere. Secondly, did the O'Malley 1.0 by saying that he was undefeated because his decision loss to Fig was controversial, despite the fact his debut win over Shelton was much worse (for comparison's sake, Fig manned up and thought he lost the Brooks fight). Then doubled down on the undefeated shit after he knocked himself silly with that stupid slam because he 'was the one who knocked himself out.'

I thought you meant the light skinned dude with dreadlocks from a decade ago and this was new info.

Many probably don't know him but he's the guy who gave Jose Torres a brief moment of popularity by slamming Jose and knocking himself out. He was 2-2 in the UFC, one loss being the slam and the other a split decision to Figgy. Left the UFC to One off a win and is now fighting for the One title this weekend. I don't remember his departure but if they cut him that was a mistake. He was only 24 years old when he took Figgy to a splitty. Especially how shallow the Fly division is I think he would be a top 10 guy.

Even talk show hosts were on the case

Back