Did the UFC get steal its idea from the movie No Holds Barred ?!

It's funny because the you guys bashing my threads can't help but click on the link and make a comment

giphy.gif

Come on bro, as if you don't know there's a group of nutthuggers that are going to flame all of your threads if you're not a celebrity cuckold.

Be proud of all the hate you get. It means your doing something right.

Come on bro, as if you don't know there's a group of nutthuggers that are going to flame all of your threads if you're not a celebrity cuckold.

Be proud of all the hate you get. It means your doing something right.

I acknowledge that my threads can come off flame bait and even annoying - but they don't have to click on them. Yet, they can't help themselves. They're drawn to my threads and hate themselves for it.

If they truly didn't find my thread worthy of a comment, why comment ?

I acknowledge that my threads can come off flame bait and even annoying - but they don't have to click on them. Yet, they can't help themselves. They're drawn to my threads and hate themselves for it.

If they truly didn't find my thread worthy of a comment, why comment ?

Is normal. If the first response doesn't call for you to be banned, you're not rustling jimmies

Do they say stuff like "that's a wrap ladies and gentlemen!"?

LOL, no. It's an incredibly melodramatic action suspense film with a climactic finale. Pretty hilarious. Not as good as the one in which he's some kind of Ranger, drinking Coors cans the whole film, and fighting David Carradine, but good.

The octagon concept i don´t know, but Gracies were promoting no holds barred fights in brazil since the 50´s i guess

So the vale tudo fights (no rules fights) between different styles are a Gracie concept

The cage set up and the marketing I am sure were inspired by the movies, but the sport itself was already around in Brazil and Japan by the time they brought the UFC here.

The octagon concept i don´t know, but Gracies were promoting no holds barred fights in brazil since the 50´s i guess

So the vale tudo fights (no rules fights) between different styles are a Gracie concept

the octagon was suggested by John Milius (yes, the Conan's director) who was thinking about a 'gladiator atmosphere' (his early concepts were octagons made by stone columns).

they might have gotten the octagon from the movie; I haven't seen the movie in over 20 years so I don't remember if they had an octagon like the UFC. MMA at least dates back to the ancients olympics, probably earlier.

they might have gotten the octagon from the movie; I haven't seen the movie in over 20 years so I don't remember if they had an octagon like the UFC. MMA at least dates back to the ancients olympics, probably earlier.

no, they didn't just 'copy' the idea from Milius's movie, Millius himself came with the idea of a 'roman\fantasy' octagon made by stone-like parts. it was litterally like a fantasy\peplum scenography, full of details.
Fortunately SEG decided to adapt the concept in the most pratical cage as we know it.

Conner???
there were only Buzz, Ty and Kato.
I have the c64 version and spent tons of coins in the arcade.

Non released (console) Pit Fighter 2 screen shot. Game didn't make release; they dropped the franchise when Reach4TheSky first thought the game was shit.

Cool/eerie nonetheless, no? Only the judo is off, but maybe they were feeling the Honda Housey vibes way back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back