Did the UFC collude with Brock to subvert USADA testing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
So by your logic this doesn't apply to Brock because like you said he never signed any of that. He left before USADA he didn't retire during.

by that logic Brock shouldnt have had to wear Reebok in the cage since Reebok's contract with the UFC didn't exist back then either.

Hear me out I don't know if this has been caught yet.

In this post fight interview in response to the interviewers questions about fighting a hard hitting fighter like Hunt, Brock states that he had been training his chin for 6 weeks prior to the fight to prepare. This predates Ariel Hawani breaking the news by almost 2 weeks!! It's at the 1 minute mark of this video.

Now we all should know that Brock was exempt from the mandatory 3 month out of competition testing due to the UFC's arbitrary decision that because the USADA testing wasn't implemented before Brock retired, he should not be subject to the rules stating fighters coming back from retirement need to be tested for 3 months. So their story is that they had no idea Brock was going to sign.

Brock allegedly didn't know that he was fighting Hunt until Jun 6th!!! This is in direct conflict with him stating in his post fight interview that he had been training his chin in preparation for a hard hitter like hunt for 6 weeks. Two weeks before he could have know anything according to the UFC. UFC 200 was on July 9th.

Did the UFC collude with Brock Lesnar to subvert the USADA testing?

I think it's very likely that The UFC waited as long as they could to announce that Brock was fighting for a few reasons, one of which very easily could have been that he was a high risk for PED use and delayed his enrollment into testing until potential negative results would not emerge until afterwards.

Yes is possible. Financial benefit and plausible deniability.

YES THEY DID. THEY DIDN'T WANT TO COLLUDE WITH JBJ (BECAUSE HE'S BLACK OBVIOUSLY) BUT THEY HAD NO PROBLEM COLLUDING WITH THAT PINK APE. WHITE PRIVILEGE.

by that logic Brock shouldnt have had to wear Reebok in the cage since Reebok's contract with the UFC didn't exist back then either.

If wearing reebok was part of a specific clause for unretired fighters, that'd be a great example.

I have a job. I get tested for pot and paid 10$ an hour. I retire. After I retire my job changes everyones pay and starts testing for cigarettes too. Part of that new contract says anyone who leaves and comes back can't start without four months of cigarette testing.

I never signed that contract that adds stipulations to my return when I left. Am I held to it upon return?

Should I be for fairness? Yeah. Do I legally have to be? Nope.

If I get tested 6 times before starting, fail 2 and get fired, I would also expect my coworker to not whine about it.

BJ Penn did not retire under USADA, needed to do the 4 months USADA testing pool, just like Chael Sonnen

If wearing reebok was part of a specific clause for unretired fighters, that'd be a great example.

I have a job. I get tested for pot and paid 10$ an hour. I retire. After I retire my job changes everyones pay and starts testing for cigarettes too. Part of that new contract says anyone who leaves and comes back can't start without four months of cigarette testing.

I never signed that contract that adds stipulations to my return when I left. Am I held to it upon return?

Should I be for fairness? Yeah. Do I legally have to be? Nope.

If I get tested 6 times before starting, fail 2 and get fired, I would also expect my coworker to not whine about it.

LOL man. You guys will come up with any excuse, wont you? Either Brock has to abide by the rules now or he doesn't. You guys want it both ways.

Who's 'you guys'?

Former fans of Hunt who were glad he got a spot on 200 thanks to a walking cartoon? People who don't like twitter rants that look like a 12 year old typed it? People who don't believe the UFC colluded with USADA to test Lesnar a half dozen times with 2 fails because the very idea is retarded?

What group did I join?

It's highly likely everyone knew for a long time he was going to fight.

But the only date that matters is when the contract was signed and it was official.

And of course everyone involved knew this and used that information to slide the testing dates to the right. It's not like it is secret information.

Could they have had actual contract disputes that moved the signing date? Yes

Could one of the parties conjured up contract disputes that moved the signing date? Yes.

did you just join? this was discussed ad nauseam before the fight.
Do you know how to construct a paragraph? No.

Of course, do you not believe this type of stuff happens all the time in sports?

Do you know how to construct a paragraph? No.

i do. but i wasn't aware this was an english course. i thought it was an mma forum where people respond with memes and gifs?

but my sentence structure is out of line?

thanks for making me aware.

filed under dont give a fuck

No. This is reaching. Brock popped because he takes steroids. Period. Brock got his system clean enough to pass the initial tests. But he failed the last USADA test and the fight night test. When you take gear regularly for 20 years. You will have a physical dependency on it. I bet Brock felt like utter crap two weeks before the fight after probably being drug free for a lousy month in order to pass the initial USADA tests. He juiced. He juiced knowing damn well that IF he gets caught, they wouldn't catch him in time until after the fight. Goes to show you how addicted Brock is. He gave up potentially all of his ppv points cash because of it. Couldn't even go a lousy month without the sauce.

You may be right but people who use steroids cycle anyway, so they're used to going sustained periods of time without steroids. Suppose someone does a six week long cycle. Then wouldn't they normally take at least 4 weeks off or more before doing their next six week cycle?

No. This is reaching. Brock popped because he takes steroids. Period. Brock got his system clean enough to pass the initial tests. But he failed the last USADA test and the fight night test. When you take gear regularly for 20 years. You will have a physical dependency on it. I bet Brock felt like utter crap two weeks before the fight after probably being drug free for a lousy month in order to pass the initial USADA tests. He juiced. He juiced knowing damn well that IF he gets caught, they wouldn't catch him in time until after the fight. Goes to show you how addicted Brock is. He gave up potentially all of his ppv points cash because of it. Couldn't even go a lousy month without the sauce.

"Potentially" being the key word here because while I do believe that the NSAC will deduct money from his Purse, I'm not so sure about the PPV-points money being touched at all, actually. Remember that Brock is no meathead here. He's actually a shrewd businessman who may have smartly put a "Hands-off-my-PPV-Points-money-If-I-piss-hot" clause in his contract or something. lol

"Potentially" being the key word here because while I do believe that the NSAC will deduct money from his Purse, I'm not so sure about the PPV-points money being touched at all, actually. Remember that Brock is no meathead here. He's actually a shrewd businessman who may have smartly put a "Hands-off-my-PPV-Points-money-If-I-piss-hot" clause in his contract or something. lol
That's very true. He may have just had that stipulated in his contract. But if that ever gets out. The UFC will look really bad. Giving special contracts to a guy like Lesnar. This shouldn't piss Hunt off but the entire roster. It also further shows the collusion between covering for Brock with USADA. What a joke.

Back