Did the UFC collude with Brock to subvert USADA testing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
As soon as he we all knew he would comeback which was at 199 he should have been tested in the next few days. Im sure the june 28th test was not the first one....i hope it wasnt.

It wasn't. His first test was on June 15th as I recall. It was reported that brock had 3 test within few day after June 15th. He had 6 total pre-fight test so his June 28th test was around his fourth test.

It's very strange ge passed the first 3 tests and then failed the 4th. Almost as if someone with a lot of money and influence expected him to fail his first test and by June 28th, the man said "Make sure he falls this next test. Do whatever you need to do. If there isn't any PED in his test, put one there"!

Who would have done that? A lab scientist paid off by someone with deep pockets who considers The UFC a threat to his own business. Maybe it was someone like Bob Arum or even Vince McMahon.

What would McMahon have to gain? A lot. he could have even trying to screw up the sale of The UFC by getting several big names scheduled for UFC 200 to fail the test and then at least he ruins UFC 200. Imagine if they had had to pull both Jones and Lesnar from UFC 200? The PPV buyrates would have been sub-zero!

It also would have been a good bargaining chip for McMahon. he may have felt that if Brock failed the test he would then be in a position to cut Brock from his current WWE contract and get him to sign a new contract which would have Brock working full time for WWE. Why wouldn't Vince want his biggest star working full time?

No it wasn't because USADA wasn't even in place at that point. As soon as USADA was in place this was too.

You can't retroactively apply stipulations to fighters who never signed onto those stipulations.

If he was tested earlier the fight wouldn't have happened like the Jones fight.

Try to keep up.

Then why did he pass certain tests?

And if they were colluding with the UFC, why would they fail him at all? Durrrrrr....

PS: Wasn't Hunt also told way before by Dana on the phone to be ready and in shape and train for UFC 200 ?

I'm sure he couldn't say 100% because they where still negotiating be he did give him a heads up.. stay on your diet, work out etc.

PPS: He had what 2 weeks for Werdum and was putting the hurt on him in freaking Mexico.

Dunno, but it looks REALLY shady that they gave him that exemption and then he tested positive.

No. It would have looked shady of they granted him the exemption and he passed. Then people would have speculate what if he hadn't been given the exemption. As it is, the exemption didn't help him pass the test so what's shady about that?

The shadiest thing is that Brock didn;t fail his first three test, the first of which was on or around June 15th. If he had just quit using PEDs shortly before testing, the first couple tests would have had the highest concentration of PEDs!

You can't retroactively apply stipulations to fighters who never signed onto those stipulations.

Then why did he pass certain tests?

And if they were colluding with the UFC, why would they fail him at all? Durrrrrr....

Because they didn't care if he failed as long as the fight happened. They were probably aware that Brock only wanted one fight to clear his conscience and get a huge pay day. Jones's fight was cancelled because his sample was from a month or so prior. The testing takes time.

The UFC is allowed to exempt anyone they want from the 4 month retiring thing. It has nothing to do with fighters signing anything. The UFC and USADA came to this agreement together.

I won't say that.

But they both knew exactly what was going on. They knew they could exempt him from 3 months of testing.

I have no idea exactly how long they were in talks for. I doubt anybody here has first hand knowledge of it either.

Point is... He was exempted from the usual 4 months of testing. He only had to submit to one.

He popped.

3209.gif

Would they grant this exemption to someone else in the future? Like lets say GSP, im not saying he would be on something, but more like the results of the first time they granted it to someone and it backfired big time.

Sure they would. After all, the exemption didn't keep them from finding what they were looking for did it?

Because they didn't care if he failed as long as the fight happened. They were probably aware that Brock only wanted one fight to clear his conscience and get a huge pay day. Jones's fight was cancelled because his sample was from a month or so prior. The testing takes time.

Yep, and in those tests that take time, were results with no fails. Did they collude to make those tests clean?

Brock was gonna fight again, the UFC was gonna sell him again. Now they can't. If they were colluding with the USADA, he wouldn't have failed. Period.

The UFC is allowed to exempt anyone they want from the 4 month retiring thing. It has nothing to do with fighters signing anything. The UFC and USADA came to this agreement together.

The agreement says any fighter signed to an agreement with the USADA who retires, then unretires has to go through 4 months of tests. There was no USADA when he retired, so he's not bound by the stipulations of that agreement.

Whether it's right is another story, but he wasn't exempted from something he otherwise would've been bound to.

Not really "collude".. but silent agreement. Of course they knew that he would never get thru 4 months of random testting.. so they delayed for as long as they could. Surprise! Brock is on UFC 200 in 3,4 weeks!

Hear me out I don't know if this has been caught yet.

What youre missing is that his first five samples provided to USADA did not come back positive.

His 6th one did

So essentially. when he joined the UFC he was clean, he arrived clean, so theres no way we can no if 3 weeks earlier, or a month earlier (or 4 months earlier) he wouldnt still be clean.

HIs positive (and so assumedly his taking on banned substances) actually came after joining the UFC

So the whole 4 month thing is largely irrrelevant.

This is silly and petty. If anyone is to blame, it is USADA. They control every aspect of Testing. Of course the UFC would do what they could to "have the show go on", but it is absolutely up to USADA. Thumbs Up to Brock for putting on a show and butts in the seats. This is what drives the industry. If it wasn't for the estrogenic Fans that love the pettiness of gossip, sherdog would collapse :))

Who would have done that? A lab scientist paid off by someone with deep pockets who considers The UFC a threat to his own business. Maybe it was someone like Bob Arum or even Vince McMahon.?

No, because nobody in teh lab would have any idea which samples belong to Brock.. thats not how things work. Samples are totally anonymous.

Of course they did
and it's really, really fuckin lame

I definitely think it's possible and I think it's a lie that Brock said that he picked up the phone to fight at UFC 200. I think once they lost Conor McG at 200. They scrambled. Called Lesnar. Told him to say he picked up the phone. That was utter horse shit. They offered him a shit ton of money and tried their hardest to circumvent USADA. I fucking hate the UFC management and owners. Pure scumbags. Why even put USADA in place? Was it for your own greed to dress it up for potential buyers? Give me a break

Back