Did the UFC collude with Brock to subvert USADA testing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
LOL.. well sorry TS that the negotiations didn't conclude fast enough.

Oh my he trained 2 weeks more.. oh wow. How about the freaking 5 years he was out while Mark was active and training and competing and improving.. staying active.

O well Mark just had his interview and the Lesnar haters are out in full force with their pitchforks ready.

I would argue that if he was training his chin 6 weeks out, he was training everything else long before. Even Sonnen said that it was amazing that Brock could even breath that well. I think he was given the heads up and then they stalled the negotiations until a month before to give him time to train and cycle off.

I mean, they worked the system to decrease the chances he failed before hand. That is obvious.

I forgot to add. His contract would be very telling. Is the money guranteed in such a way that the fine doesn't take the normal percentage?

the rule is that it's UP TO UFC DISCRETION so they don't need to collude with anyone, they can just subvert the USADA testing whenever they want. this is why USADA is bullshit because they are paid and controlled by UFC. FUCK USADA FUCK UFC

Would they grant this exemption to someone else in the future? Like lets say GSP, im not saying he would be on something, but more like the results of the first time they granted it to someone and it backfired big time.
Well, that's a good question. Knowing GSP, he wouldn't mind the testing at all. But that aside, they said that since Brock had been out for so long and retired before the USADA era, he would be exempt from the 4-month testing period required for all former fighters looking to come back.

By the same logic, you can clearly see that GSP should qualify...but they may not want to give anyone that kind of exemption again. And they shouldn't, quite frankly. They went out on a limb for Brock and he burned them. They may decide to enforce the rules evenly for all fighters from here on out, which would be a nice change from the current trend of favoritism.

the rule is that it's UP TO UFC DISCRETION so they don't need to collude with anyone, they can just subvert the USADA testing whenever they want. this is why USADA is bullshit because they are paid and controlled by UFC. FUCK USADA FUCK UFC
Did the voice in your head tell you to make this post, or did your tin foil hat keep the bad thoughts away?

Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants to do. The only reason people are even talking about him being caught is because he wills it. Otherwise it would just be irrelevant

Nobody signs an MMA fight before training and seeing where they are at first. Why would Brock be different?

Secondly....HE FAILED. If they were colluding to protect him from failing....he wouldn't have failed.

Kind of a really dumb thread.

Well, that's a good question. Knowing GSP, he wouldn't mind the testing at all. But that aside, they said that since Brock had been out for so long and retired before the USADA era, he would be exempt from the 4-month testing period required for all former fighters looking to come back.

By the same logic, you can clearly see that GSP should qualify...but they may not want to give anyone that kind of exemption again. And they shouldn't, quite frankly. They went out on a limb for Brock and he burned them. They may decide to enforce the rules evenly for all fighters from here on out, which would be a nice change from the current trend of favoritism.

I think that like with Brock, they would do the same for GSP. Anything for the PPV sales.

Nah.
That is crazy conspiracy theory talk.
It makes more sense that it was in the spur of the moment type of thing.
Lets not forget that there are exemptions happening all of the time.
I have a feeling that you're smart enough to know better and it leaves me wondering why you're lending credence to such an asinine defense.

Nobody signs an MMA fight before training and seeing where they are at first. Why would Brock be different?

Secondly....HE FAILED. If they were colluding to protect him from failing....he wouldn't have failed.

Kind of a really dumb thread.

No, if he tested prior to the fight the fight wouldn't have happened. Try to keep up.

Did the voice in your head tell you to make this post, or did your tin foil hat keep the bad thoughts away?

the anti-doping policy itself told me to make the post, you illiterate twit.

http://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

"5.7 An Athlete who gives notice of retirement to UFC, or has otherwise ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/she has given UFC written notice of his/her intent to resume competing and has made him/herself available for Testing for a period of four months before returning to competition. UFC may grant an exemption to the four-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete."

UFC granted Brock the exception in an exceptional circumstance as allowed by their own anti-doping policy, which all the fighters agreed to by signing with UFC. now shut your ignorant bitch mouth before you look stupid again

the anti-doping policy itself told me to make the post, you illiterate twit.

http://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

"5.7 An Athlete who gives notice of retirement to UFC, or has otherwise ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/she has given UFC written notice of his/her intent to resume competing and has made him/herself available for Testing for a period of four months before returning to competition. UFC may grant an exemption to the four-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete."

UFC granted Brock the exception in an exceptional circumstance as allowed by their own anti-doping policy, which all the fighters agreed to by signing with UFC. now shut your ignorant bitch mouth before you look stupid again

Was this in place when Brock retired? Nope.

I think so.

Why tell Mark hunt to get ready for a fight without releasing whom it's with? Who has ever said, "Yeah I'm fighting on that card, they just haven't told me who it's with"? They had a fighter in mind when they call hunt and asked. Why would/could you not release who it's with? Brock is a HUGE draw, so why wait to start hyping that fight?

The answer to all of those questions is USADA.

Could be Brock hadn't signed yet and was still trying to get more out of the UFC. Could be that if Brock didn't sign they were going to try and get hunt to fight someone else on still put it on that card. Brock could have been taking negotiations to the very last minute to force UFC to sign him to a good deal (to bad he didn't wait until Jones popped would have made even more). Telling Mark Hunt it's Brock before it's official can have the information leak like it already was. There are so many reasons for all your questions I'm guessing the reason you couldn't come up with any is cause you've already made up your mind. What you said very well could be true or it could be any of the other reasons I mentioned plus more I'm sure I haven't even thought of.

I would argue that if he was training his chin 6 weeks out, he was training everything else long before. Even Sonnen said that it was amazing that Brock could even breath that well. I think he was given the heads up and then they stalled the negotiations until a month before to give him time to train and cycle off.

That's what I call smart.

To bad he didn't have enough time to get completely clean or wtf happened with the last tests.. now we get the Lesnar hate parade that will go on and take a shit on everything he has ever done.. but overlook completely that this is the reality of our sport and pro sports in general and that their own favorite fighters and heroes are most likely in the same boat.

Back