Did The Mcgregor Fight Ruin Cowboy's Legacy?

taeyeon%2Bgif.gif

0f76ab1d46eac4755f0b6bfd95cc2386e335fabe.gifv

lol So you can’t name those multiple times hes stepped up and saved Dana’s ass? I don’t need to look it up it’s a myth

You don't need to look it up because you are probably unemployed living in your mom's basement as a lazy bum.

These are the two I remember as injury replacements.
UFC 137 Cerrone stepped in to fight Dennis Siver when Sam Stout was injured.

UFC Fight Night - Cerrone stepped in to fight Benson Henderson when Eddie Alvarez was injured. This fight occurred two weeks after Cerrone won at UFC 182

With all the fights he made per year it is obvious he was a work horse for the UFC.
2009 - 4 fights
2010 - 3 fights
2011 - 5 fights
2012 - 2 fights
2013 - 4 fights
2014 - 4 fights
2015 - 4 fights
2016 - 4 fights
2019 - 4 fights
2020 - 3 fights

Conor beat the prime out of Cowboy.

No. Cowboy wasn't even in Top 10 at that point and was playing gate keeper. It is hilarious that Conor had to step down that far for a fight to win because he couldn't handle the top level in LW.

Probably because Cowboy was pretty much in his prime and got starched by a 23-24 year old Till.

No shame in that loss considering Till's performance against Whittaker imo, but at that time Till was some young rookie and Cowboy was in his prime (and very experience) and got completely decimated in under a round. It probably moreso speaks how impressive Till is, but at that time I was disappointed by Cowboys performance.

Cerrone wasn't in his prime when he moved to WW. He was already gate keeper for LW and moved up to WW to try to make some waves.

He’s never been more than a second or third tier fighter. A guy that always choked in the biggest fights. But, when he came out and said he was going to give the fans what they wanted in the Conor fight (promising to keep it standing). I just knew the fight was a farce. I won’t say he took a dive, but he clearly only showed up for the pay cheque and to make Conor look good.

I didn’t ever need to see him fight again after that fight.
He grabbed conor immediately though didn’t he?

Can we just appreciate fighters like Cowboy?

FFS, not everyone is going to be champion but Cowboy was willing to fight anyone, fought often, was always exciting, and rarely (if ever) made any excuses.

If you're a fight fan, just understand how lame it would be without guys like this, if everyone was so worried about losing and concerned with protecting their legacy.

Yes!

Cowboy EARNED everything he has.

He was elite.

And he didn’t fold against prime Alvarez.

Among the greatest to never have a belt.

Back