Did The Mcgregor Fight Ruin Cowboy's Legacy?

Can you name those multiple times he showed up with no time off? He would always tweet that he’ll step in as a replacement knowing that it would not be possible and would never happen, people just assume it did happen

If you don't know how to look up fighter statistics then maybe you should find a different hobby. All you have to do is a little math for the difference in time between his fights. He has most likely fought more fights per year during every year he has been under contract with the UFC than almost every fighter.

I do think he receives a lot of unwarranted hate, towards the end the years caught up to him. He had a few fights where he just wilted under pressure but at his peak, he was a tall order for anyone. He has a great resume at LW and is one of the better fighters never to win a belt. He had no business fighting Conor after a brutal two fight losing streak, he barely showed up for that one and he sticks into a lot of peoples minds.

He was 4-6 in his previous 10 fights before fighting Conor, so he was already on the way our anyway, but sure, it definitely introduced him to a ton of casual fans as a loser. I've been over him for a long time, not solely because of the losing, but because his schtick wore thin, combined with losing. If you're gonna be a prick, you gotta back it up in the cage.

If you don't know how to look up fighter statistics then maybe you should find a different hobby. All you have to do is a little math for the difference in time between his fights. He has most likely fought more fights per year during every year he has been under contract with the UFC than almost every fighter.
lol So you can’t name those multiple times hes stepped up and saved Dana’s ass? I don’t need to look it up it’s a myth

Getting starched is OK when you take fights all the time and fight literally anybody.

But the fact that he was mentally checked out, etc... that looked bad.

He was 4-6 in his previous 10 fights before fighting Conor, so he was already on the way our anyway, but sure, it definitely introduced him to a ton of casual fans as a loser. I've been over him for a long time, not solely because of the losing, but because his schtick wore thin, combined with losing. If you're gonna be a prick, you gotta back it up in the cage.

4-6, but, look at the losses.

Lawler
Till
Masvidal
Edwards
Tony
Gaethje

He's the definition of a B tier fighter. Loses to the A's, beats the C's and 50-50's the B's

OMG! can we just appreciate fighters like Cowboy?
FFS, not everyone is going to be champion but Cowboy was willing to fight anyone, fought often, was always exciting, and rarely (if ever) made any excuses.
1b8504298207cba12711824010ad39e3.gif

Not really. It’s like when Silva rocked Forrest.

Forrest is still a legend, cowboy will be too.

Man at least when Ronda finally lost, she fucked off. Conor is gonna drag this out in the most painful way possible, isn't he?

Not true. He won the second Bendo fight.
He has also showed up with no time off on multiple fights. He saved Dana and the UFC on numerous occasions.
He is at the top or near it on the leader board on statistics for striking and finishes...very exciting fighter.

He was gifted the 2nd Bendo fight. NO way he won that.

Cowboy was a well-liked fighter before the Mcgregor fight, on his way to legendary status. that fight though really destroyed his image; he went from being seen as an iron man and a tough guy, to being considered a joke, a company man, someone who could possibly take a dive. Dude lost like 5-6 in a row now since <Grimes01>

Went from top 5 in the division (before the Ferguson fight) to not mentioned at all l@nd0
For me, yes, unfortunately. I had always admired him as a fighter, but definitely lost respect after that fight.

yes, definitely
he had a good career, sure he lost his most important fights, but he always tried and gave a good show, now he looks like someone who just comes for a paycheck and to help the company get the resut they want..

I would say it was more his attitude that stains it more than the fighter he fought. It really felt the last few or so fights he just shows up, doesn't care if he won or not, smiled when he loses to just collect a paycheck.

Cerrone was always an also-ran / never-was, even in the WEC days - that whole LW division was basically him, Bendo, Pettis, and Varner, and he couldn't get it done then. He was losing the Varner fight because he couldn't stop the takedown, and lost both the Bendo fights. He beat a shot Varner, with no belt on the line, in a rematch, who has gone somwthing like 4-7 after that before retiring.
Fast forward 10 years, and for all of his 8-fight win streaks / fighting five times a year, he still doesn't show up to the big fights. It was maybe purely a mental issue early on, but now that inability to pull the trigger on the big stage is combined with years of serious damage (including the surgeries from his extreme sports outside the cage), and the results are clear.
Problem is that Cowboy just isn't on that top tier level. More of a gatekeeper type of fighter. But prime for prime, Cowboy beats the brakes off Conor.

How to not handle your health? Really? Do you know how many times he has pulled out of a fight, ever? Very rare. Do you know how many times he stayed ready and kept his weight on check and saved a lot of cards by stepping up on short notices and snatched bonuses?

Business management? Do you know that there's a time that he's the only fighter exclusively been sponsored by Budweiser? Or the fact he branched out of Jackson's and built his own BMF ranch? Or that time he was sponsored by Onnit, and that time he was casted for several roles on movies and a series on Netflix and made way more money than just fighting?

I suggest taking time to know about a certain fighter, than believing your own assumptions and trying to make it sound convincing.
<{blankeye}>
Eviscerated

Back