Did the crowd chant MM?

I could've sworn they were chanting "mighty mouse" in the first round. Can someone confirm this?

Must be the first time this has ever happened to him
they were chanting "M&M's!" I believe. Very popular candy at UFC events.

the ufc seem to be too busy going out of their way to not promote dj tbh
They tried to promote him. The audience didn’t buy what the UFC was selling. You can’t force the audience to like a guy.

I heard it quite clearly. Was kinda shocked. And yeah, he was putting on a show, but only one educated fans would have seen. If you don't know anything, that could have seemed like a boring fight. Except the finish of course.

I was at 214, and can confirm there was actually a lot of chanting for "Woodley" and for "Maia" in the first couple of rounds before the crowd got heartily sick of the whole thing and went on to other methods of mass distraction, such as the wave and the cellphone light show. So I wouldn't read too much into it.

You didn't even watch the fight, go ahead and admit.

- Shucking Ray Borg off like he was a backpack.
- Slamming Ray Borg on to the ground multiple times.
- His brutal kicks to Borg's leg and mid-section.
- The constant scrambles.
- The RNC attempt.

Etc.

The stream froze a few times, you're partially correct.
- Didn't panic and search for another one
- Got another beer waiting on buffer
- Wouldn't pay for a MM and WMMA card
- Nothing you posted was exciting just overhyped bc it was 4 rounds of laying, bring more KOs

I could've sworn they were chanting "mighty mouse" in the first round. Can someone confirm this?

Must be the first time this has ever happened to him
They sure as hell did! Casuals are coming around.

How hard is it to buy a section and fill it with cheerleaders, MM is wise taking a page out of the Mcgregor playbook. Don't be suprised if you see MM impersonators associated with marketing agencies trying to go viral or harassing opponents.
If they are impersonating him all they need to do is play games on twitch.

Sherdog is not an extension or a magnifying glass of the MMA community or their fans.

It's a bunch of dorks having a circle jerk and trying to annoy others.

The MM hate and complaints are exaggerated on Sherdog. It's an echo chamber and these guys push the exaggerations each time.

Last edited:
When the dogs wont eat the dog-food, time to get some new dog-food. I'm so sick of the UFC pushing MM and the entire Flyweight Division on fans (Hey Dana, it just ain't that compelling ok ? The fact that MM has skills DOESN'T MATTER, what matters is I don't give a crap about the outcome of a fight between men shorter than my 8th grade daughter...). When the 50 year old referee looks like he could drop-kick either fighters for a 45 yard field-goal, I ain't interested in the fight...
And all this absolute NONSENSE about GOAT, damn if that were true, OMG talk about a sport-killer, turn off the lights, time to go back to (yuck) boxing...
this post smells like a mad hater

The stream froze a few times, you're partially correct.
- Didn't panic and search for another one
- Got another beer waiting on buffer
- Wouldn't pay for a MM and WMMA card
- Nothing you posted was exciting just overhyped bc it was 4 rounds of laying, bring more KOs
You Don't Pay For Any card let's be honest and LOL @ LAYING , are these mma fans just stupid or just a full time hater?

You Don't Pay For Any card let's be honest and LOL @ LAYING , are these mma fans just stupid or just a full time hater?

Wise people usually only pay for things they enjoy. Don't enjoy WMMA, child divisions, BJJ practitioners, wrestlers. Not sure of those MMA fans you mentioned, can't speak for them. I'm a Glory fan who wants to see brutal KOs, the other crap just turns an hour of fights into 6 hours of sitting.

Wise people usually only pay for things they enjoy. Don't enjoy WMMA, child divisions, BJJ practitioners, wrestlers. Not sure of those MMA fans you mentioned, can't speak for them. I'm a Glory fan who wants to see brutal KOs, the other crap just turns an hour of fights into 6 hours of sitting.
sounds like you're a casual

Yeah the crowd was super into. Dana even talked about how he was surprised when the crowd started chanting for him

Yes, it happened in the first round. It wasn't a loud or long chant but it happened. I was actually surprised.

Back