did siver take connor down?

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I counted no less than two takedowns for siver.

connor popped right back up, but I am sure I saw two.

am I wrong?

i know he hand one towards the end of the first. the two others were more trips than td

Yes when you get tripped throwing a kick, but are capable to get right back up, you haven't been taken down.

There were two. Conor didn't appear to respect Siver's grappling ability at all because he was throwing a ton of spinning and jumping attacks.

There were in fact, none. You must get the guys back down onto the canvas for it to count for points, which is all that matters.

Two but he popped right back up. Should be interesting vs a great grappler.

Very strictly speaking, two takedowns - but Conor was down for a handful of seconds and controlled for even less than that.

Could he be vulnerable to A-level wrestling? Sure he could, and I look forward to seeing him against Mendes or someone similar. But if you think Siver exposed a huge weakness in him last night, you're getting awfully excited over not-very-much.

Those weren't takedowns. Those were readjustments. He uses the fighter's momentum to reset himself.

Officially, no. Siver scored zero takedowns.

No, he didnt.

Conor has a 100% TDD in the UFC.

Source: http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/f4c49976c75c5ab2

Also, damn McG was impressive against Holloway and with a torn ACL: 4 take downs and 6 passes. Reminds me of GSP vs Alves. I have a feeling the envious haters are going to be sorely, sorely dissapointed when he faces their wrestling savior and shakes off, pops back up and distances himself from all TDs.

Nope. Zero takedowns, and the stats reflect that.

In order for it to be a TD you need to establish a dominant position. The TD has to lead to something.

Instance when DC picked up and slammed Jones, that really shouldn't be counted as a takedown, because it didn't lead to DC having a dominant position over Jones.

In this case, Siver never really established a dominant position even though, he kind of did get him down.

Fightmetric says no (Official UFC Statistics).

oJU8aoF.png

Depends who you ask. If you ask a wrestler the answer is No. If you ask a sherdogger the answer would be 2.

This isn't a difficult question. A takedown in this contest would be what the rules state it is, an opponents back brought down to the canvas. This never happened in this fight, he landed on his ass twice and got back up, no takedowns, no points under the UFC rules.

Takedown:
When you see one fighter force his opponent down to the mat, this is a takedown. He may grab one of his opponent's legs and push or trip him to get him to go down, or he may lift his opponent up and throw him or slam him on the mat. The purpose is to get the fight to the ground.

http://www.ufc.com/discover/fighter/skills/takedown

is there a rule stating the back must be on the canvas for it to count?

They may not be "technically" takedowns but the fact is he was on his back, even if it was just for a split second, and he had to stand back up.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't count them as takedowns, I mean... he was down, and siver was the one who took him down.

It doesn't matter if he was only down for 1 second or if Siver couldn't "establish control"

It's a takedown.

Back